To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CoStar Group • Washington, DC
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CoStar Group is currently in search of an energetic, highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting team at our state-of-the-art headquarters in Washington, DC. If you thrive in a fast paced environment and are able to balance multiple priorities and drive towards results, this is a great opportunity to join a company that continues to beat our own growth records!
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day general ledger functions concentrating on meeting month-end, quarter-end and year-end timelines for our growing corporate company.
- Current duties include preparing journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, analyzing account balances and financial statements to determine variances from prior periods and budget, as well as preparing schedules that support account balances.
- Duties may also include being the back up for the cash receipts and accounts payable processes, as needed.
- On a quarterly basis, this person will be responsible for preparing schedules for the external auditors and assist in the preparation and support for SEC filings.
- This position interacts with all levels in the Accounting department as well as many other departments in the company and reports to a Senior Staff Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance or working toward degree with equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years professional work experience
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
So why work for CoStar Group?
Our culture of innovation and excellence attracts and encourages the best and brightest in a broad range of disciplines, which makes CoStar a fun and supportive place to work. CoStar’s benefits plan ranked among the top 10% of employers nationwide. Besides generous pay and performance-based incentives, the company also provides a 401(k) with company match and a generous stock purchase plan. We support our employees’ professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement and our inter-office exchange program. Focused on our employees’ health, the D.C. Headquarters is stocked with healthy snacks for all employees. There is also a gym located in the office building that is available to all CoStar employees.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing