The Operations Manager, Physicians Practice will
The Operations Manager, Physicians Practice will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Operations Manager, Physicians Practice will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
Principal Responsibilities The Operations Manager, Physicians Practice:
- Manages department Administrative Coordinator staff in conjunction with physicians, which includes recruiting and hiring, orientation, managing workload, assigning job duties, and managing performance by providing feedback and development.
- Coordinates workflow across departments, Information Services, Operations, etc., taking initiative to design and implement new processes as needed.
- Compiles and analyzes data, and reports on operations and functions as appropriate. Assists Director in monitoring productivity, budgeting, patient charges and variance reporting.
- Collaborates with Director to prepare budget, monitor monthly variances, and takes action to correct and/or make recommendations for budget adjustments based on analyzed data and change in practice or trends.
- Monitors practice performance against external benchmarks from AAPMR, AGMA, and other sources and prepares individual physician comparison information as requested.
- Works with Patient Financial Services and other departments to resolve denials and other billing issues. Tracks and monitors billing data to anticipate changes in the reimbursement environment.
- Provides financial analysis with a goal to improve financial performance where possible. Review variances, identify and implement action plans as appropriate. Communicates budget and variance information to Director.
- Develops and recommends objectives contributory to the fulfillment of the annual strategic plan.
- Resolves patient complaints and concerns through working with other departments as appropriate.
- Provides assistance to offsite locations regarding practice related issues
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, including serving as a participant in corporate committees and task forces, and assisting Director in special projects.
- Reports directly to the Director, Physicians Practice
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MHA or MBA highly preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience using skills as a seasoned professional, physician practice management experience a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance and budget strongly preferred. Experience with preparing and adhering to a budget
- Demonstrated ability of working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Demonstrated experience in determining the best use of resources to meet goals of assignments received in the form of objectives.
- Able to lead cooperative efforts among members of project teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set and manage priorities, and meet deadlines, following processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Able to develop and administers schedules, and establish performance requirements
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly in a high-paced environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity; ability to relate well to people at all organizational levels and to work well in a team framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and data analytic skills.
- Attention to detail and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, workflow and planning skills.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW"
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Training And Development