The Client is seeking to fill the requirement for Sr. Network Engineer to support the existing mission critical Network and SAN environment for production and DR
• Meets with users to define networking requirements
• Creates layouts, schematics, and/or other per tenant design documents.
• Documents all hardware and software requirements necessary to meet firewall and security requirements.
• Meets with Manager and/or Supervisor to discuss requirements to ensure compliance with state and departmental standards and/or directions.
• Creates correspondence to obtain written hardware/software vendor quotes
• Supports 300+ VPN Tunnels for DPSCS locations, outside law enforcement agencies, Federal Government agencies, and private providers for Live scans Modifies Firewall rules to allow / deny access to applications / systems -Controls VPN user access though Active Directory Application
• Support 20,000 VPN users with Login issues, general troubleshooting of VPN software.
• Controls user access
• Provide technical support for other teams
System Performance Measurement
• Review Checkpoint Smart Monitor for firewall / VPN status.
• Review the reports from Reporter.
• Check IPS/IDS systems for anomalies, and take action if required.
Resolving Technical Issues and Problems
• Receives trouble tickets from Remedy tracking system
• Log pertinent call information into Remedy tracking system to ensure proper tracking documentation of issue/problem
• Meet with customers to discuss circumstances and/or symptoms of problem in order to determine proper course of action and/or obtain resolution or impact of issue/request on current production system(s) or to determine if current system processes or procedures will accommodate request.
• Communicates with Supervisor(s) and/or managers the findings of meeting(s) with resolutions, and/or alternatives.
• Communicates with the user the outcome of internal departmental discussions, resolutions, and or alternatives.
• Perform vulnerability and exploit scanning and penetration testing of servers and networking equipment for the purpose of finding exploits that can cause data loss or unauthorized network intrusions.
Network, Firewall, VPN
Complex Problem Solving