The Assignment: Job #34646
CareStaff Partners is seeking a CST - Surgical Tech for a critical travel or local contract position with a Hospital in New London, New Hampshire.
Specialty: CST - Surgical Tech
- Pay: $26-28 Gross Hourly Blended Rate
Patient Population: Adult and Geriatric (19-65+)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 40
Contract Length: 13 Weeks
Licensure/Certification Required: New Hampshire Surg Tech - CST Certification (NBSTSA only)
Experience Required: Minimum 2 years of experience working as an OR Surgical Tech in a Hospital Based environment. Scrubbing experience (General, ENT, GYN, Ortho) is required.
Job Duties and Role Responsibilities:
As a Surgical Tech you will:
- Assist surgeons and other medical professionals in hospital operating rooms and similar environments.
- Prepare patients, rooms and equipment for pending surgical procedures. They also assist during those procedures as part of a team of operating room professionals.
- ensure that all of the equipment needed for the procedure is properly disinfected and assembled. They also check that the equipment is in working order. They place sterile solutions in areas where they can be easily reached by doctors.
- Surgical technicians may clean, shave and disinfect the areas of a patient's body that will be operated on.
- They then move patients to the OR and position them on the operating table, using sterile surgical drapes to cover them. Monitoring patients' vital signs and observing their status is another job responsibility of a surgical technician.
- During surgery, surgical technicians pass sterile surgical equipment, such as scalpels and forceps, to surgeons. They also might cut sutures, keep track of items like sponges and needles, operate lights and help dress a patient's wounds. Additionally, surgical techs are sometimes responsible for the preparation and disposal of lab specimens.
- After surgery, a surgical technician generally transports a patient back to his or her room. He or she then returns to the OR to clean and prep for the next surgery.
The CareStaff Partners Difference:
- Join a Family Oriented Team that is Passionate about the mutual goal of finding the right local or travel contract position for You and Your Family!
Seamless Communication and Ongoing Support from your:
- Compliance Specialist
- Payroll Professional
- Human Resources Representative
- Recruiters with Extensive Staffing Industry Knowledge
- Proven Track Record of Recruiting Excellence in Healthcare
Proud to Offer SAME DAY Medical Insurance - Multiple Coverage Plans to choose from, because there is no one size fits all solution when it comes to your well-being
- Dental and Vision
Supplemental Options Including, but not limited to - Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability
- Industry Competitive Pay Packages
- Tax-free allowances available on travel contracts
- Round Trip Travel Pay to and from Assignment
- Guaranteed Hours on most Contracts
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Discounted CEU Access
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Competitive and Timely Paid Referral Bonuses
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 34646
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.