Responsible for managing an assigned portfolio for open or non-performing assets, mitigating loss situations and reducing potential losses to M&T Bank. Perform mostly outbound calls, via AutoDial. Responsible for working with customers with past due accounts to arrange for payment alternatives to resolve delinquency, which reduces risk and maintains the customer relationship.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Initiate contact with consumer borrowers that are in the early stage of delinquency; assess the prospect of repayment, and arranging repayment schedules or other solutions such as: Loan Workout, Alternative Lending, Consumer Credit Counseling Services, Reages, or Extensions.
- Document outcomes of all calls.
- Accept inbound calls from various internal departments as well as customers; respond to questions regarding all Consumer products at various stages of delinquency.
- Identify suspect situations (i.e. fraud, lack of insurance) and investigate exposure, escalating issues to management along with recommendation of course of action.
- Utilize internal collections systems and accounting systems for all loan types. Identify and resolve problematic account situations where appropriate referring more complex problems to the supervisor and understand the workflow necessary for account maintenance/corrections.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
This position works under direct supervision and does not have exclusive autonomy. In addition, this position does not have the authority to waive late fees or offer settlements.
Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma/GED plus a minimum of 1 year relevant work experience.
Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Previous experience in customer service, customer-facing, collections, call center or sales.
Knowledge of M&T Bank systems.Location
Millsboro, Delaware, United States of America
- Accounting Systems
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail
- Call Centers
- Consumer Product