To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stowe, VT 05672
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Engineer-Topnotch Resort
Spire Hotels • Stowe, VT
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This majestic mountainside resort, equipped with a charming ski lodge and luxurious amenities is seeking an energetic Chief Engineer for our gorgeous Top Notch Resort, Stowe Vermont. With 68 rooms and 23 luxurious resort home, the Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining the hotel facility, including physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. This individual will ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel. Participate in management of all rehabilitation, expansion and special projects.
As a Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly walkthroughs and conduct audits to assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the dwelling, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas
- Adhere to all corporate required purchasing policies and internal controls (including outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules)
- Maintain effective energy management and preventive maintenance programs
- Communicates status reports to the General Manager on a routine schedule
- Creates cost effective maintenance proposals
- Creates and maintains well-defined filing systems, order entry, storeroom organization
- On-Call availability for emergencies (fires, power, equipment failure, floods, and etc.)
- Lead a team of professional HVAC Maintenance Mechanics, Utility Engineers, and Maintenance Helpers
- Coach and Develop the maintenance engineering team
- Continuous education requirements to maintain licensure
- Execute according to policy and procedures
- Demonstrate proactive use of database systems to manage maintenance requests
The Chief Engineer will demonstrate experience to deliver the following:
3+ Years Leading a Team of Professional Maintenance Engineers
5+ Years of Industry Related Experience (hotel, convention center, etc.)
Proficient knowledge of electrical systems, components, HVAC systems, boilers, and mechanical systems
Proficient knowledge of public construction, building systems, related permits and licensing
Knowledge of public building codes and fire safety
Skilled in the proper and safe use of power tools, equipment, materials, and chemicals
Ability to analyze all associated systems
Ability to remain informed on state-of-the-art developments impacting the hotel
Building maintenance experience in a hotel or related industry
Licenses, permits, and/or certificates where applicable
Executes with a sense of urgency and discipline
Effective Verbal & Written Communication Skills
Proficient using both Software and Database Applications
Proven record of completion in an apprenticeship program
Proven record of graduation from an advance training program for operating engineers, HVAC, electrical, and/or construction/project management
High school diploma or the equivalent
Graduation from an apprenticeship or advance training for operating engineers