To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southfield, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Trade Mgt Ops Mgr Farm Hills,MI Onsite Client-STTA
UPS • Southfield, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UPS is seeking a Trade Management Operations Manager to develop operational goals and plans, monitor and communicate operations performance, manage operations to meet customer deadlines, and maintain a close relationship with clients. He/She is responsible for managing departmental financial performance, organizing and prioritizing workloads, and developing and maintaining standard operation procedures (SOPs). This position manages supervisors within the department.
The Trade Management Operations Manager serves as a liaison between the client, the government, and third party agencies to ensure adherence to regulatory guidelines. He/She evaluates non-traditional UPS solution opportunities (e.g., technology systems, etc.) to assist in problem resolution on customer issues and for enhancement of growth opportunities. This position monitors the revenue business plan to ensure performance metrics (e.g., quality, cost, effectiveness, etc.) are met and the return-on-investment is achieved. The Trade Management Operations Manager evaluates performance against quality goals to develop process improvements and increase quality levels. He/She conducts customer meetings and business reviews to assist clients in maintaining a leading business edge.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages offsite international team members responsible for 24/5 coverage for key account
- Manages compliance and liability reports to reduce cargo delays and costs associated with non-compliance of Customs Border Protection regulations
- Conducts error root cause analyses to identify corrective action plans
- Reviews daily workload and productivity reports to hold Supervisors accountable to achieve productivity goals
- Maintains clients' profiles and standard operating procedures to ensure the brokerage team has client requirements documented
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development
Knowledge and Skills
- Budget Management: Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area’s budget on organizational financial plan
- Incident Investigation: Applies established procedures for responding to incidents; determines and documents information pertinent to incidents; communicates resolutions or results to stakeholders
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Responds to compliance problems and identifies appropriate actions; identifies people needed to resolve compliance problems and collaborates to develop corrective action plans; identifies programs that reduce risk and enhance safety; explains implications to changing laws and regulations
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in functional area(s) (classification, qualification, origin, export, etc.)
- Consistently demonstrates initiative, positive attitude and commitment to personal, team and company goals
- Forward-thinking and possess the ability to identify process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision with a high attention to detail
- Strong research, analytical, verbal/written communication, customer service, and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of US Customs and Border Protection Regulations
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Prior or current experience (e.g. from importer/exporter, managed services provider, broker/forwarder, etc.) performing any of the following technical compliance functions – classification (import and/or export)
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree)
- Availability for extended travel >1 month, including international travel
- International Travel Customs Managed Services Expertise with a classification focus
- Comprehensive experience with Export and ECN Classification
- Detailed experience with Import Classification
- Customs Managed Services Expertise with a classification focus
- Customs Broker License - Preferred
- Strong knowledge of export regulations, including but not limited to International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations and Foreign Trade Regulations - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law