To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Garden City, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Fleet Maintenance Manager
Transdev North America • Garden City, NY
Posted 2 months ago
Transdev North America is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
The Assistant Maintenance Manager will coordinate coach/fleet vehicle repairs and maintenance and supervise/manage maintenance employees. This includes but not limited to assignment of work, evaluation of vehicle repairs, review of the maintenance software system, and review of all labor and parts utilization. It will be the responsibility of the Assistant Maintenance Manager to implement all policies and procedures as determined by Transdev, State and Federal agencies to maintain all regulatory compliance including state and federal DOT.
- Manage/supervise staff members in the repair, preventive maintenance, servicing and cleaning of compressed natural gas, diesel, and alternative fuel powered buses and service vehicles.
- Manage/supervise maintenance personnel including recommending discipline.
- Monitors technician performance in a manner consistent with company/location policy.
- Ensures that all mechanics have the proper licenses and certifications including yard permits.
- Manage/supervise and inspects major, minor, and vendor repairs.
- Provides technical assistance and on-the-job training to mechanics.
- Develops work orders and the evaluation of all repairs performed by both the technicians and outside vendors
- Monitors radio communications during route times and ensures that all operator inquiries related to the mechanical operation of the vehicle are responded to immediately
- Responsible for vehicle titles, registration, DOT tax stamp; which includes Vehicle Change Notice's and annual registration fees.
- Assists to ensure DOT compliance and inspections of revenue and service equipment.
- Other duties to ensure the efficient operation of the maintenance facility.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of all types of automotive and transit equipment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of diesel engines and/or internal combustion engines, automatic transmissions, air brakes, steering, and drivelines.
- Must possess a basic understanding of the theory of electricity and also be able to read and understand wiring diagrams.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- ASE certification a plus.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers' License with a passenger endorsement.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information/situations.
- Must be a team player yet able to work well independently.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse group of internal and external customers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 50% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities.
- 50% of work is accomplished outside or in a vehicle.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of passengers and materials
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibrations
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-9544
Position Category Management & Above
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 516
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services