IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
TreeHouse Foods is a private label food and beverage leader focused on customer brands and custom products. When customers partner with TreeHouse they can expect access to an industry-leading portfolio, strategic vision, on-trend innovation and insights, world-class supply chain, operational excellence and flexibility, collaborative approaches and dedicated customer service. We operate a network of more than 40 production facilities across the United States, Canada and Italy. Our uncompromising standards of food safety and quality are underpinned by manufacturing best practices, a process-driven culture and continuous improvement principles. Our strategy is to make high quality food and beverages affordable to all, be the undisputed solutions leader for custom brands and to create value as our customers' preferred manufacturing and distribution partner, providing thought leadership, superior innovation and a relentless focus on execution.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop audit programs including risk-based audit plans for internal audit management review and execution of internal audit projects.
- Assist in planning audit and advisory support projects of financial, operational and IT functions, including defining scope of work and level of effort.
- Work as part of a team to complete tasks timely as set forth in the annual audit plan.
- Execute fieldwork, including assessing processes and controls, identifying weaknesses and opportunities for improvement, defining recommended corrective actions, and preparing audit work papers that document the work performed to support conclusions set forth in final audit or advisory reports.
- Track, monitor and ensure audit projects are conducted within budgets, and completed timely within the annual audit plan.
- Concurrently lead multiple audit projects and supervise and coach staff auditors to ensure audits are conducted and documented in accordance with the Internal Audit methodology, the high professional standards established by Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, the Institute of Internal Auditors, and the International Auditing Standards.
- Provide thoughtful and technical leadership to staff auditors through execution of projects to continuously achieve department objectives.
- Collaborate and maintain strong and productive relationships with management and business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with independent external auditors to plan and execute interim, and year-end SOx projects.
- Assist in the use of data analytics for ad-hoc, continuous auditing and advisory initiatives for monitoring and evaluating business and IT functions.
- Assist in the execution of other ad-hoc projects assigned by Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Perform follow-up audit procedures to assess the adequacy of the corrective action taken by management to improve deficient conditions.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan and execute audit projects.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO risk assessment framework, GAAP, and financial reporting.
- Considers different approaches to decision-making to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Eager to learn food and beverage industry & regulatory standards and business acumen.
- Communicates clearly and concisely using effective communication methods.
- Ability to lead staff auditors to execute audit projects
- Ability to work independently, is a self-starter, and driven to accomplish assignments on time with high quality.
- Works effectively in a team oriented environment, improving overall team performance.
- Results driven, self-motivated person with the drive to maximize personal contribution to the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related fields
- 3-5 years of internal audit or public accounting experience
- SOx experience required
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor (a plus)
Travel Requirements: Travel Required - 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disability
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to URL blocked - click to apply. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Generally Accepted Auditing Standards