Title: MES Engineer
Location: Macomb County, Michigan
Travel: 5% (training)
Position: Direct Hire
Company: Global Tier One Automotive Supplier
Components manufactured/assembled: automotive exteriors and assemblies
Interview process: 1 or 2 Face to Face, including 1 quick phone screen
Candidates: Green Card holder, USA Citizens, or TN Visa candidates (Canada)
Plant Size: 500 people
Start Date: Mid - November 2019
Salary: up to $90k
Bonus: yes, discretionary
Healthcare provider: Client
Reports to : IT Manager
Work place: both manufacturing plant floor setting and office work environment
Educational requirements: Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent work experience
Position Summary: 3rd level support and upgrade of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) system (Rockwell). Client running 4 different MES systems. Multiple projects on the plate. Provide leadership that provides timely direction, guidance and interface.. Follow corporate standards to ensure maximum implementation success at the factory to meet automation and business requirements. The MES engineering is a cross-functional discipline that requires proportional knowledge in hardware and software development and their applications. Background in IT, MES, PLC's, SQL, SQL SER.
Additionally, on occasion, the Engineer will be asked to create front end applications using VB.NET or C# with SQL SER. The candidate will need to create these applications on their own with no hand holding.
The MES professional will need to know how to troubleshoot to 3rd level support, complete the fix, and complete the fix. The MES professional must lead the MES charge to and with the IT Mgr. There is a team of 5 IT professionals on site at the plant; Network Eng, Technicians, Sys Admin, etc. Corporate help available as well.
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
Related Work Experience:
- Work with the IT Manager to define and discuss the MES user requirements with key representatives from quality, manufacturing, engineering and supply chain.
- Organize and coordinate MES/PCS Interface sessions with all automation suppliers
- Organization and lead of the integration MES test interfaces ( ERP and PLC's)
- Organize the training of the factory super users – coordinate efforts with the MES supplier to deliver documentation
- Lead MES system integrator in term of scope, cost, quality and timing
- Organize the training of the factory super users
- Troubleshooting on day to day basis and support after hours if needed
- Coordinate design efforts related to new system projects and support the implementation and ongoing use of these applications.
- Ensure the reliability and accuracy of all MES applications implemented at plant.
- Work with the System Administrators and Network Engineer to design and deploy a robust architecture that will facilitate growth of new applications being developed and deployed.
- Writing DB documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Capacity planning for new systems in conjunction with existing systems
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications to fit business needs
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS
- Maintaining data standards
- Good knowledge of MES and Automation in Manufacturing industry
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding and coding experience with of Database systems (SQL SER)
Must have either C# or VB.NET programming experience on a SQL SER. Candidate will be asked to create front end applications.
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC's. Hands-on experience with MES Platform
- Must be able to design and develop in MS SQL with a Microsoft SQL Server DB
- Experience with TCP/IP networks, bar code printers and scanners, RF data collection
Visual Basic .Net (Programming Language)
C Sharp (Programming Language)