Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
This position is located in South Houston, close to Hobby Airport.
Responsibilities of the Tube Bender include, but are not limited to:
- Bend tubing working with manual tube bending machines, according to specifications.
- Set up and operate a manual tube bender.
- Ability to finish tubing, which includes flaring, de-burring, trimming, cleaning and labeling
- Utilize precision tube bend inspection methods
- Performs visual and dimensional checks on materials, assemblies, tube details, components and finished products. Inspect and test, components, parts, tube details, and assemblies to validate conformance to blue prints and instructions by customer and to company operating procedures by performing the following duties.
- Able to install tubing fittings per prints
- Able to cut pipe and use threading machine to thread pipe
- Must be able to read and understand prints to determine tubing proper location
- Must have skill and knowledge in assembly installing motors and stands to prints
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Tube Bender include, but are not limited to:
- Strong mathematical, problem solving and decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in bending of parts
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints; Ability to use measurement instruments
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds of material on consistent basis
- Able to read and understand manufacturing planning and sketches.
- Knows when to stop and ask for clarification.
- Must be able to use mathematics relevant to tube bending functions.
- Requires familiarity with machine tools, precision instruments and good manual dexterity.
Physical Demand: Stand for long periods of time lifting up to 50lbs
Working Conditions: Shop environment
Shift Time/Overtime: First shift, some overtime
Education: High School Diploma or GED
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
Complex Problem Solving