To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Warehouse Associate (2nd shift)
Cardinal Health • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Full time employment direct with Cardinal Health
Typical days/hours: M-F, 6pm - 2:30am with potential over time
Day 1 Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
23 days of Paid Time off
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Responsible for cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse including Inbound, ValueLink and Outbound
- Receive large boxes on warehouse dock, scan product with Radio Frequency (RF) scanner, and input product information into computer
- Break down cases of product and operate material handling equipment (MHE) to replenish warehouse• Utilize voice to pick system to pick large case items with material handling equipment or to pick small unit of measure items and place on cart
- Palletize large items to skid and wrap for shipment
- Pack small items in boxes
- Drive MHE as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility includes: stand-up order picker (cherry picker), stand-up forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 - 2 years related experience preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds and be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for entire shift of 8 hours or more required
- Must be able to work overtime with little or no advance notice
- MHE experience and RF scanner and/or voice to pick experience preferred
- Willingness to learn to operate MHE equipment and rotate into various areas of the warehouse
- Accountable to Cardinal Health’s EH&S as well as QRA policies and procedures
- Work at heights up to 25 feet consistently when operating an order picker (cherry picker) and wearing an MHE safety harness
- Adherence to site specific safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel-toed safety shoes and MHE safety harness
- Aptitude to work in a fast paced distribution environment while meeting hourly established distribution quotas and performance standards
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision and an emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Ability to comprehend and accurately process paperwork in accordance with policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and general computer skills desired
- Flexibility/adaptability coupled with good multi-tasking skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.