Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a "Good Family to Know!"
Your role at PFH:
As a Licensed Practical Nurse you are responsible for providing nursing services to patients in residential care facilities, behavioral health and/ or substance use disorder treatment programs to maintain a safe, therapeutic environment. You will:
We think you'd be great for this role if you have:
- Administer client medications including all injections and monitor client medication compliance and side effects. Includes the use of standardized evaluation.
- Document client activities occurring on shifts that are relevant to client's progress or behavior. Screen and monitor detoxification clients to ensure that medical needs are being met.
- Communicate all problems/emergencies regarding clients/patients to the Supervisor, consulting physician, other appropriate personnel, or guardian.
- Utilize and maintain curriculums and complete the necessary preparation for all assigned education groups.
- Order any necessary medication from the pharmacy, make appointments for lab work and schedule physician appointments.
- Monitor client population at all times.
- Assist in orientation of client/patient population with regards to client rights and rules.
- Facilitate group education.
+ Licensed Practical Nurse in the applicable State.
Applicant must be willing to become licensed in additional states, other than the state currently licensed in. Applicant must be willing and comfortable with providing telehealth services to the individuals we serve.
You'll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan - up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts - healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know what's required:
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
- Long Term Care
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality
- Perform Clinical Procedure