Administer and monitor Windows servers installed in the corporation. Configure and manage new servers and server backups as needed. Maintain and monitor offsite Windows servers data replication and local data redundancy as applicable. Support personal computer network and provide proactive support like automated virus protection for user systems. Provide break/fix support as requested for users on the network. Work with corporate server based systems to help provide user support and system enhancements. Work with both stand alone and VMWare based virtual servers and support users interaction with server applications as necessary. Provide remote support to servers housed in remote Haynes locations.
Role Qualifications: (Required & Preferred)
Global Accountabilities for the Role:
Associates degree in related field (P) or equivalent experience (R)
1-year experience with Windows server setup/installation and troubleshooting (P), Microsoft or COMP TIA certifications (P)
Areas of Knowledge:
Server setup/virtualization, server navigation and tools, printer and tape usage, data migration techniques, server troubleshooting techniques, server backup tools, networking, Windows server admin, TCP/IP protocol, Microsoft networking, Virtual Server technology, active directory.
Communications, keyboarding, PC, interpersonal, problem solving, Windows server OS, Veritas Backup Exec (P), Dell Rapid Recovery (P).
- Perform all duties and control all areas of responsibility with safety as the highest priority.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with Haynes quality policy.
- Perform all job functions using the most cost effective methods.
- Perform all job functions using methods which maximize Haynes ability to meet production goals.
Specific Accountabilities for the Role:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Server Support Analyst
1. Help manage corporate windows server network, validating proper operation and setup including
security and network settings.
2. Provide assistance to users as requested for network server access.
3. Patches to servers and active directory management.
4. Manage data replication for key servers and backup strategy for all servers test annually for SOX
5. Help with install and setup for new servers and migration of data from existing servers as required.
6. Create server images to insure ongoing data integrity and insure backups and offsite Windows server
data replication are current.
7. Monitor VMWare installations and learn tools to manipulate those environments as required.
Installations (Computer Systems)