The PMRC team is comprised of motivated professionals who thrive in a dynamic environment, are always reaching towards new goals.
Careers (notice we don’t call them jobs) in the recovery field offer the perfect mix of positive challenges and plenty of rewards.
Every day is full of challenges and we look for individuals who will step up to those challenges.
In this role you will be the point of contact for our patients.
Describe my day:
It may sound cliché but there isn’t a typical day here. The responsibilities of this role are diverse and dynamic, but we’ll do our best to give you a taste.
Firstly, it imperative to understand that you are a member of a team. succeed or fail you will do it together. Every day you will manage our patients with the goal of meeting their individualized care plans. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, what this really means is you will be involved in:
- Admissions, discharges, med-pass
We always say here at PMRC that we hire character and train skill. So what kind of character do we need?
- Is Focused. There can be many distractions in your office: employees coming in to speak to you, phones ringing, high noise levels etc. The ability to tune to your own channel is key.
- Has Personality. This seems obvious, but we are a no wallflower zone. Our culture is a value oriented one where we want characters.
- Can Juggle. You will always have at least 5 balls in the air here. We need people who can manage many tasks sometimes with their eyes closed.
- Likes Hats. You will wear just a few here. We need someone who looks good in most of them, or at the very least will try them on.
- Asks Questions. Change is a constant at PMRC. We look for people question the traditional to make us better. We want those who are solution seekers.
- Is empathetic. Our consumers come to us at a difficult time in their lives. We demand our people are empathetic, relatable, and above all professional.
- Free lunch
- Great work/life balance
- Monthly food party, monthly Employee Engagement events, appreciation events, and celebrations for both team and personal successes.
- No on-call, your time is yours
- Benefits package: medical, dental, visions benefits; 401k; Company paid Life and AD&D (for 40 hr/wk position)
- Paid Time off: Vacation, Sick, Extended Sick, Personal Days and Holidays (for 40 hr/wk position)
Candidate shall meet the following categories of qualifications:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent; prior experience as medical assistant is preferred
- Must have current CPR Certificate
- Knowledge of treatment of substance abuse
- Medical Assistant Certification
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of and implementation of waived testing.
- Ability to work with Medytox and interpret lab results
- Assist with vital signs, weight, height, and urine drug screens upon patient admission.
- Record patients' vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Authorize co-pays and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Schedule appointments for detox patients.
- Contact detox patient’s referral sources to provide updates and aftercare information.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Perform general office duties such as answering telephones, filing, and scanning.
- Other various duties as assigned.
Electronic Medical Record