To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newark, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Electrical Engineer
Michael Baker International • Newark, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker International has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, Michael Baker International, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types-from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for leading engineering design efforts and analysis on various projects including intelligent transportation systems (ITS), traffic signals, lighting, and buildings. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills to lead the preparation of engineering plans and calculations, technical specifications, and construction estimates and schedules. You will have the opportunity to instruct and guide less experienced engineers in developing engineering reports and analyses.
- The best part being a Senior Electrical Engineer at Michael Baker is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex.
- Most days will be spent in the office managing the preparation of engineering designs including highway and other outdoor lighting systems, security systems, and intelligent transportation systems; voltage drop and illuminance calculations; power distribution systems; one-line, control wiring, and interconnection diagrams; utility service and metering; and protective relaying, key interlocking, and grounding calculations.
- Other days you will help to prepare technical proposals or meet with client representatives on projects.
- On some days, you will make field visits to project sites to investigate, record, and photograph local conditions.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, and 7 to 10 years of progressive electrical design experience. A Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- You will need a Professional Engineer’s license. A Cisco Networking, PSP, CISSP, and/or PPMP certification is highly desirable.
- You will need a working knowledge of codes and standards such as NEC, electrical safety code, IES and AASHTO lighting standards, and NYC building code as it pertains to electrical work.
- To be successful, you will need to be bright, organized, and determined; you will also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people. You will need the ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to long term success in this role.
- You will need to be able to quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company’s service offerings, and the client’s standards and procedures relevant to your projects.
- The ideal candidate will be skilled in project leadership and integrated design management.
- Naturally, you will need computer skills (Microsoft Office), with the ability to utilize CAD software like AutoCAD and MicroStation and be knowledgeable in Visual, Easy Power, and SKM is preferred.
- It would be a plus if you already are proficient in some of the software above.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination