Careers that Change Lives
Team is currently working in a hybrid model and position will be onsite in Minneapolis, MN, 1-3 days/week.
This position reports to the Director of Global Operations Strategy Finance primarily supporting the Project Management Office (PMO) and broader Global Operations & Supply Chain (GOSC) organization with capital allocation reporting and transformative programmatic savings tracking. This role will partner with teams across Operations Platforms, Enterprise Operations FP&A, and the PMO, supporting project and pan-GOSC reporting, designing new processes and tools, and enabling standardization activities across GOSC.
Key activities include:
* Lead centralized standard PMO project reporting across Portfolios/Platforms
* Lead total GOSC programmatic reporting to leadership, including reporting on program expenses and savings across all GOSC Functions
* Support total GOSC Capital tracking and reporting
* Support rollout of standardized processes and templates
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader with an aim to attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
* Project Management Office (PMO) program reporting:
* Validate financial system data and related reporting is accurate for all End to End (E2E) programs.
* Collaborate with the PMO Governance & Reporting team to drive standardization and address new reporting needs.
* Facilitate external reporting on public programs.
* Drive continuous improvement and enhancements of financial tracking and reporting to create efficiencies, as well as meet the needs of leadership & stakeholders.
* Train Project Finance and Project Managers on the PMO tracking and reporting processes, for any new projects are added to the PMO.
* GOSC programmatic reporting:
* Partner with finance leaders across the GO&SC functions to consolidate reporting of programmatic savings and expenses for leadership reviews.
* Own GO&SC programmatic reporting calendar, ensuring alignment with GO&SC FP&A and Strategy Execution teams.
* Support the GO&SC programmatic tracking tool, including developing processes, timelines, and roles & responsibilities related to reporting requirements.
* GOSC Capital Reporting:
* Build standardized processes to pull, validate, and support completeness and accuracy of GOSC capital actuals and forecasts.
* Develop templates for collecting and reporting GOSC capital results.
* Support the new GOSC capital tool, including developing processes, timelines, and roles & responsibilities for monthly and quarterly forecast cycles.
* Engage in continuous process improvement to standardize processes and drive efficiencies.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Comfort with ambiguity and change management.
* Be part of a dynamic team to implement change, improve visibility, and drive impactful results across the GO&SC organization.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of work experience in Finance and/or Accounting (Or Advanced Degree with 5+ years)
Nice to Have
* Exposure to Operations and/or accounting for Operations
* Experience with CMR/CXF, Hyperion Essbase, Spend, and SAP
* Solid accounting (GAAP), financial and business management foundation
* Experience in navigating and working within a matrix organization
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Business Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Capital Allocation
- Change Management