To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pompano Beach, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Customer Support Tech
Apex Systems • Pompano Beach, FL
Posted 13 days ago
If you are interested in this role, please send an updated copy of your resume in a word doc to John Baer at email@example.com or you can call him at 954-892-5412.
Position Summary: Configure, install, monitor and maintain IT users’ PC software and hardware. Provide Information Technology Support to end-users at remote sites as needed. Install and configure network and local printers. Position is responsible for utilizing the service desk to document solutions to IT problems. Provide end-user training, as needed. Assist in audio visual setups and videoconference support. Responsible for maintaining Windows workstations and overall information systems support for Turnpike Enterprise users. Traveling required.
Education: Associate Degree or Technical Institute Degree/Certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields. Or equivalent work experience.
- Configure and deployment of Information Technology resources. Includes, but is not limited to desktop, laptops, printers, mobile devices, etc…
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, using proven troubleshooting procedures
- Assist in coordinating audio visual setup and videoconference support
- Assist with annual inventory scanning and equipment surplus
- Responsible for security administration (password reset)
- Install, configure, and update software
- Participate in team projects, meetings and assignments
- Responsible for reading and following the Department’s Procedures and Policies
- Responsible for understanding and enforcing the Department’s Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for documenting solutions to Technology issues
- Responsible for traveling to remote sites to resolve IT related issues and/or to deploy resources
- Responsible for tracking incidents in the service desk ticketing systems
- Responsible for creating/tracking PMR’s for IT equipment transfers/relocation
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Flexibility to work hours between 7:00 AM to & 7:00 PM and/or Saturdays, either on a rotation or as part of a regular and on call work schedule
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
1. Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
2. Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
3. Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
4. Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others.
5. Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
6. Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
7. Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
8. Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
9. Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178