Job DescriptionNew York City Applicants: $18.00-$25.88/hrState of California Applicants: $18.00-$25.88/hrState of Colorado Applicants: $15.00-$21.56/hrState of Washington Applicants: $16.00-$23.00/hrPosition Overview
This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in supervising and managing Store operations (college bookstore or convenience store). Plans and prepares work schedules ensuring coverage. Greets customers and answers phones to respond to inquiries and resolve escalated issues. Provides training on Store, company, and/or school operations. Receive and unload merchandise verify orders, and displays merchandise in accordance with company standards. Routinely audits accounting and cash functions to ensure policies and procedures are being followed in the store. Partners with various support partners including Store Operations, AP, HR, and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values - Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation, and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Follett Strategic Competencies. Responsibilities
- Supervises the work activities of sales team members FT/PT and Temporary including:
- Schedules team members' work hours
- Trains new team members FT/PT and seasonal team members hired for peak seasons
- Ensures Sales Team members follow company and store policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensures the proper merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- Performs onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Greet customers, answer phones, provide information, direct callers, and resolve escalated issues. Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Receive, verify and unload orders as necessary.
- Operate cash register and store computer to accept payments, place orders, make change adhering to safe cash handling procedures including balancing cash drawer and preparing bank deposits.
- Stock shelves and take inventory per Store schedule.
- May provide general Store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and register areas).
- Executes merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- May fill in for other personnel during breaks, lunch, vacation, or peak seasonal periods, including register operations, shipping/receiving, textbooks, and various departments throughout the store.
- Keyholder with opening and closing responsibilities.
- Calculates deposits, counts cash drawers, counts the safe, works with accounts receivable (CARRR), and works on collecting bad checks. Balances cash, credit cards, and checks to register tapes. Checks invoices against purchase orders and credit memos against charge-backs to ensure accuracy. Compiles data for end-of-month reporting. Researches account receivable problems and handle the bad check recovery process. Investigates the reason for cash drawers not balancing. Enters and produces the Daily Sales Report, month-end reports, and payroll reports.
- Applies shrink prevention practices and activities, such as visible customer service, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To learn more about Follett's benefits click here Requirements
- Associate's Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of retail or bookstore experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- General computer skills.
- Accounts Receivable
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service