Talantage, LLC is seeking an experienced litigation paralegal for a mid-sized personal injury law firm located in Buckhead. The litigation paralegal will work with trial attorneys and perform a variety of tasks throughout the litigation process. You are a valuable part of the legal team which requires strong knowledge and familiarity working all phases of discovery and trial from beginning to end. Must be able to file documents with the court, draft pleadings and discovery documents, manage exhibits, and prepare mediation trial binders.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of a licensed attorney, prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Draft litigation documents such affidavits, subpoena, interrogatories, complaints, discovery, memos, etc.
- Assemble case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and evidence.
- Compile legal documentation into files and maintain an organized and indexed filing system for complaints, discovery, and other exhibit material case file documents.
- Assist Attorneys in preparing for client depositions and trials.
- Develop and enter various case material into a document management database and prepare charts, graphs, and tables to illustrate results.
- Review documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.
- Perform advanced legal research using tools such as Lexis Nexis and Westlaw.
- Prepare large photos, exhibits, audio and video production to be used in courtroom.
- Maintain calendar by entering and updating requirements, court dates, and meetings.
- Communication with clients, court clerks, expert witnesses, opposing counsel, attorney, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in complex personal injury litigation
- Knowledge of federal and state statues, rules, and procedures.
- Must have excellent writing and research skills
- Must have excellent time management and organization skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Experience with document management system
- Ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced evolving and changing environment
Talantage, LLC is committed to presenting candidates that contribute to an organizations culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our recruitment practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Document Management Systems