To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
150 Peabody Place
Memphis, TN 38103
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant - Technical Accounting & Research
ServiceMaster • Memphis, TN
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for the research and accounting of complex accounting transactions and the annual and quarterly reporting of the Company’s consolidated financials to the SEC.
- Assist with SEC reporting, including involvement in the preparation of earnings call materials, all requiring detailed coordination with leadership and staff across functional units.
- Assist with technical accounting research relating to complex transactions, including business acquisitions and dispositions, debt refinancing and stock compensation.
- Assist with accounting for interest rate swaps, fuel hedges, stock compensation and self-insurance reserves.
- Responsible for implementation of new ASUs, including ASC 842, Leases.
- Manage annual impairment analysis and 401(k) audit.
- Assist with and manage various internal reporting tasks.
Education and experience requirements:
- CPA required.
- 3-4+ years of experience required in public accounting and/or technical accounting responsibilities for a corporate accounting department.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Math, analytical and budgeting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of income statement and balance sheet analysis.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to senior management.
- Organizational and planning skills to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Consulting and collaboration skills.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).