Location: 900 BUILDING
Employment Status: FT
TheData Integrity MPI Specialist Team Leadsupports the services related to the integrity of the integratedelectronic health record (EHR). The position performs tasks to maintain theaccuracy of the Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI). The position alsomonitors Master Patient Index correction requests timely and implements actionsto perform corrections as necessary to ensure accuracy of the integrated EHR.Notification of correction requests will be identified utilizing the combinework queue, reporting tools, company email and phone notification. The DataIntegrity MPI Specialist Team Lead actively participates in the migrationplanning, prepping, and testing of other electronic health records into Cerneror applicable EHR systems.
Number of FTEs Supervised: Two (2)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Providessupervision of the Data Integrity MPI Specialists.
• Responsiblefor Health Information Management Superuser education within the ElectronicHealth Record.
• Responsiblefor Information Technology training regarding Health Information modules andprocesses.
• Responsible for compilation of monthly statistics.
• Preparesweekly/monthly Healthy Data Team agenda and meeting minutes.
• Entersdata into Healthy Data Team Dashboard.
• Responsiblefor preparation and presentation of data metrics to One-Up on a weekly basis.
• Using various research methodologies and MPI application reviews, andconsolidates patient records with the MPI.
• Responsible for making decisions based on documentation to determine towhom clinical and demographic information belongs to.
• Evaluates the demographic indicators associated with each occasion ofservice to determine if it is to be associated with an existing MPI number orif a new MPI number needs to be created.
• Manages the correction of inaccurate and overlapped data.
• Problem solves with internal and external customers.
• MPI Cleanup Coordination and management.
• Maintains a high performance work environment characterized by positiverelationships, empowerment, and a strong team environment.
• Provides ongoing education and feedback to patient registration areasregarding the generation of duplicate records.
• Performs a variety of monitoring functions related to the processing ofmedical records.
• Promotes communication intra- and inter-departmentally to assuresatisfactory workflow and services.
- Notifies all downstream departments/systems of data that needs to be corrected, as appropriate.
• Works Cerner Match Queue daily.
• Member of Healthy Data Team
• Follows up on alltasks necessary to complete corrections.
• Activelyparticipates in the migration planning, prepping, and testing of otherelectronic health records into Cerner.
• Master PatientIndex correction requests will be identified and corrected utilizing thecombine work queue, reporting tools, company email and phone notification.
AdditionalSkill Set Requirements:
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Works with the System HIM Operations Manager as needed.
- Adheres to hospital administrative policies.
- Works with the Executive Team and other internal areas on projects relating to HIM.
- Effective communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to details.
- Knowledge in health care compliance, HIPAA privacy and confidentiality laws.
- Training in medical terminology preferred
- Ability to be technically oriented with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to search databases and use critical thinking to discern correct patient clinical and demographic information in accordance with established procedures.
• A minimum of 5-7 years’experience in health information management, patient access, or billing in ahealthcare setting in lieu of degree OR Graduate from an approved HealthInformation Management Program with credentials of Registered HealthInformation Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician(RHIT).
• 3+ years’ experiencewith the electronic health record (EHR), health information systemsapplications and Master Patient Inquiry functionality preferred.
• HealthInformatics skills preferred.
• Experienceworking in a complex healthcare environment is required.
• Strong verbal andwritten communications skills required.
• Strong analyticalskills required.
• Strong problemsolving skills required.
• Strong criticalthinking skills required.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
A. Work is inside.
B. Moderate amount of walking andsitting.
Formal application;verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s),certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oralinterview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of thevarious types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them fromthe position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreementbetween the Hospital/Clinic and the employee. The job description is subject to change as the needs of the Hospital/Clinicand requirements of the job change.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior
Electronic Medical Record
Health Information Management
Registered Health Information Technician