You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system. LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
The LHI Case Care Coordinator is the primary point of contact for each individual member. They will work directly with the member to take on a holistic, proactive approach as it relates to the members healthcare. The LHI Case Care Coordinator will be very hands on as they work through items such as intake, care plan, treatment needs, as well as coordinating efforts with member’s primary care provider as well as other treatment facilities. The LHI Case Care Coordinator with communicate with a diverse group of people across multi-disciplines while serving as point of contact for internal and external entities. The LHI Case Care Coordinator will also summarize and prepare inquiries to submit to the Medical Director under the supervision of the RN Case Manager.
We offer 4 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00am – 6:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Complete intake calls to welcome members to the program
- Initiate care plans and enter in all relative information from the issues at hand to interventions
- Promote adherence to care plan, developed in coordination with the member, primary care provider as well as other treating providers
- Assess members unmet needs, coordinate services and treatment needs
- Identify early risk factors and conduct ongoing assessments and document appropriately
- Function as an advocate and decrease unnecessary Build and maintain relationships with members and other authorized member representatives
- Educate members on program benefits and preventative care
- Maintain contract expertise through internal as well as external trainings and education programs
- Increase continuity of care by managing relationships with providers involved
- Assist in gaining availability for future appointments
- Complete initial assessment interviews
- Assist in provider selection for annual screening exams, diagnostic evaluations as well as treatment appointments
- Acknowledge member’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintain patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's degree (or higher) in clinical or medical health administration (LPN, social work, psychology, or related field)
- Experience with medical terminology or completion of medical terminology course
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office: Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management), Microsoft Excel (using formulas and pivot tables, create, edit, save and send documents), and Microsoft Word (create, format, save and send documents)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Previous applicable healthcare experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT and ICD coding
- Call center experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Excellent written and verbal communication, telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Must be able to implement problem solving skills to facilitate timely completion of required responsibilities for a wide range of cases
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to LHI Case Care Coordinator - Remote
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to LHI Case Care Coordinator - Remote
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $18.80 to $33.41. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: LPN, social work, psychology, medical terminology, CPT coding, ICD coding LHI, call center, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO