From major industry trade shows to high profile events and high quality exhibits that produce lasting results, Hargrove helps corporations, non-profits and government agencies bring their vision to life. Hargrove is a certified, woman-owned business and one of the top 20 companies in the U.S. focused on providing a tailored and flexible service approach to the more than 1,000 tradeshow, event and exhibit clients it serves annually.
Production Managers will work across all disciplines including exhibits, special events, experiential marketing, permanent installations and tradeshows.
Production Managers are responsible for managing the production process, including the development and management of the budget and work breakdown structure from project inception through project closure. You will be responsible for ensuring the project is produced safely and structurally, on time and within budget. This is done in conjunction with achieving the creative objectives of the proposal, meeting Hargrove's financial objectives, and maintaining Hargrove's high quality standards. .
Production Managers are responsible for producing medium to large projects across all disciplines (exhibits, special events, experiential marketing, permanent installations, and tradeshows), as well as providing professional guidance to less-experienced members of the Production Management Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify the costs of producing the job, develop the budgets and submit costs to sales for proposal development.
- Establish fabrication and production techniques based on design objectives and budgetary constraint.
- Work with fabrication department foreman and account manager to identify critical path for the successful fabrication of all custom scenic elements. Establish, publish and manage a realistic timetable that reflects the critical path.
- Work with the CAD engineering department and fabrication foreman to ensure all necessary CAD drawings are correct and complete.
- Produce all orders relating to the fabrication of custom scenic elements and distribute with approved drawings to appropriate departments.
- Facilitate solutions to production issues with the production staff that could lead to cost overruns.
- Support the account manager in facilitating the continuity of information flow between departments throughout the production process.
- Attend all job specific meeting and conduct any meetings necessary outside the defined workflow to facilitate the production process.
- Conduct site surveys if needed to verify accuracy of venue information.
- Write purchase orders for the procurement of subcontracted rentals or special materials
- Work with fabrication during the production process and periodically review the status of work to maintain proposal, design and budgetary objectives.
- Work with operations to develop an efficient on-site logistics plan for installation of all fabricated items. Ensure plan meets the budget objectives as well as achieves the high quality standards established by the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of related experience in exhibits, special events or technical theatre production or project management
- Experience in fabrication of trade show exhibits, permanent display installations or theatrical scenery.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of current code, production procedures and materials, and installation methods unique to our business.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with Hargrove personnel, venue staff and clients when needed.
- Excellent working knowledge of windows based computer systems and software including Microsoft Office. Experience with estimating and project management software a plus.
Production Managers regularly internally interface with sales, design, CAD engineering, fabrication, operations and account management. Additionally, regular interface with outside vendors and clients is required.
Candidate must be adaptable to working primarily from our headquarters in Maryland. The position requires a flexible work style both at a computer and physically interacting in fabrication facilities. Some travel, both local and nationwide, is required.
The successful candidate is confident, assertive and capable of multi-tasking and meeting demanding deadlines. Candidate must be a proactive, independent worker who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team and must have the ability to give direction, delegate, and have a high sense of detail and organization.
Why Work at Hargrove
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k). Hargrove is headquartered on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC.
Hargrove uses dynamic creativity, unparalleled service and an unwavering focus on quality to create world-class trade shows, special events and custom exhibits for our clients. Our unique solutions are not only customized to meet each client's specific needs and goals, but delivered by a dedicated team focused on success. At Hargrove, our customer's success is our success. Come join our team.
Hargrove, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.