To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3020 Tiffin Avenue
Sandusky, OH 44870
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Supervisor - Metalization Afternoons
Flex-N-Gate Corporation • Sandusky, OH
Posted 9 days ago
Experience - 5 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for supervising operations to ensure production is operating in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for productions schedules and posting of daily work assignments based upon production needs and individual strengths. Must be shop floor orientated and provide “hands-on” product/process support for all reports on a daily basis. This individual will be the driver behind product/process safety, quality, delivery and morale. Accountable for continuous improvement of assigned department as well as training and development of direct reports.
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, Local, Provincial and/or Federal rules and regulations and if applicable Collective Agreement.
- Communicates, Trains, guides and coaches employees to achieve operational initiatives that optimize team efforts in the manufacturing of high quality products.
- Mentors and develops lower level supervisors. Evaluates interpersonal skills, provides feedback and recommends as well as methods to improve interpersonal communications.
- Schedules and assigns personnel to work according to the demand of the manufacturing schedules.
- Continually assesses the limitations of equipment capacity and materials supply to directly make adjustments to personal for optimization of manufacturing output.
- Assesses each employee’s abilities and skills to match with capabilities required for each area of the manufacturing floor.
- Continuously monitors and tracks output, manufacturing processes, labour efficiencies, direct operating expenses and quality indicators for assigned cost centers.
- Measures performance and quality.
- Drives positive results in operational Key Process Indicators.
- Establishes and builds working relationships with other departmental personnel, such as Maintenance, Engineering, Finance, Planning and Quality to meet production schedules
- Meets regularly on a formal basis with Management Team to review production results and improvement priorities.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Technical Science or equivalent Experience.
- 5 years’ experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, Labour Laws.
- Conflict Resolution Management, Time Management.
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational, problem solving, teamwork interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems.
- Ability to seek a team approach.
- Ability to give guidance and direction as required.
- Ability to set direction, make decisions and oversee the line with little to no direct supervision.
- Solid computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite.
- Availability to support/operate on off shifts as required.
- Ability to deliver business results both independently and through others.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job ID: 2019-4981
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.