SAIC is seeking a senior Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to provide Launch Security Operations Support (LSOS) for multiple programs/customers within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), Office of Space Launch (OSL) directorate located at NRO headquarters (Westfields), Chantilly VA. This senior level position will serve as the primary day-to-day information systems security support to the OSL staff under the Consolidated Launch SETA Integration Contract (CLSIC), responsible for management/oversight for all matters of Information Systems Security for assets under the OSL purview/ownership. The ISSM provides oversight, guidance, and technical support, on IT and information system security issues affecting the mission of OSL by implementing common information system security practices, policies and technologies. Subject will interface with multiple government agencies within both the DoD and IC. Additionally, candidate requires an understanding of Contractor Program Security functions, responsibilities, and disciplines that make up a strong Security Program.
Key duties and/or responsibilities:
- Primary Information Security interface to OSL customer Designated Accrediting Authorities (DAO), System Certification Officer (SCO), and to the NRO Office of Security (OS&CI), Enterprise Management Operations Center (EMOC), and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), for all IT Security, Information assurance (IA), and Cyber Network Defense
- Coordinates/implements/maintains operational security posture for all assigned information systems
- Support and track Customer security authorization activities
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
- Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) packages, and Security Controls Traceability Matrices (SCTMs)
- Oversee ISSOs under their purview to ensure proper policies and procedures are being followed
- Conduct periodic reviews and evaluations of required IS policies and procedures.
- Coordinate IS Security Inspections, tests, and reviews
- Manage, maintain, and execute the IS Continuous Monitoring Plan
- Completes/reviews ICD 503 documentation requirements within the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Serves as OSL representative on the NRO Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Focal point for IT/IA working groups/boards
- Assist OSL sites with preparation, vulnerability/risk assessment analysis, review, and submission of RMF documentation to include, System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, A&A packages
Clearance required to start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as ISSO/ISSM
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Manager Level 2 (Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or equivalent)
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Broad technical understanding of information technology systems, software, and networks
- Familiarity with Program Security responsibilities to include but not limited to: OPSEC, Program Protection, Personnel Security clearances, Security Training and Education, Classification management
- Manage and oversee system General and Privileged User program
- In depth knowledge of network and information system security principles and test practices
- Previous experience controlling, labeling, virus scanning, and appropriately transferring data (upload/download) between information systems at varying classification levels
- Build rapport with customer and contractors at all levels
- Familiarity with applicable IC and DoD policies, procedures and operating instructions related to IT, IA and IM.
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills/briefing skills; communicate with senior level leaders, internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations and independent decision making with minimal direct supervision while representing the security organization
- Hands on experience with ICD 503, NIST Special Publications, Intel Community Directives, DoD Issuances, etc.
- Candidate must be a self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to articulate and present intelligent, decisive and risk-managed security recommendations and decisions on a daily basis
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite (MSWord, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to travel to support other locations
- Must have current TS//SCI (BI within last 7 years) clearance w/polygraph
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: 14 + Years with BS 12 + Years with MS 9 + Years with PhD Overview
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Information System Security Manager
or [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Information System Security Manager
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.