To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dahlgren, VA 22485
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Dahlgren, VA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer with a government client in Dahlgren, VA.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities in the DoD space, please send a resume and best contact information to Alex Paxton, Government Services Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Location: Dahlgren, VA
• Answering questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of assigned products installed on Windows 10 Computers.
• Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
• Specific support consists of troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues encountered by users.
• Hardware support includes, but not limited to Intel x86 based PCs, overhead projectors, soft boards, telecommunications, laser and inkjet printers, scanners, and Common Access Cards (CAC).
• Software support includes, but not limited to Windows operating systems currently supported by Microsoft, Microsoft Office Suite, and various specialty engineering and scientific development tools.
• Installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches and to resolve software related issues and Information Assurance Vulnerabilities (IAVs).
• Coordination with the Corporate IT Help Desk to maintain the established Incident Tickets and Change Request process to track support using Remedy.
• Assist with the maintenance and monitoring of the organizational mailbox to ensure that all users receive timely support in response to their requests for assistance.
• Maintain and develop IT related procedures required to support the organization.
• Support also includes working with the organizations Information Assurance Officer (IAO) for achieving system accreditation.
• Provide recommendation to future IT needs of the organization.
• Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
• Assist in the preparation of a monthly progress and status report.
• Requires BA/BS degree and 2-5 years of professional experience.
• Must demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• The ability to multi-task and assist others to resolve IT related issues is essential.
• Must have knowledge in the installation, maintenance, and administration of computer systems in a LAN/WAN environment.
• Requires a strong understanding of current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems.
• An understanding of Linux operating systems is desirable; but not required.
• A high level of competency in both written and oral communications skills is strongly desired with ability to work in a team environment.
• DoD Directive 8570.1 Information Assurance Workforce Technical Level II certification required (i.e., Security+, CE, GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security).
• Familiarity with the Department of Defense (DOD) networking and security accreditation processes and procedures is required.
• A working knowledge of Windows Active Directory is required.
• A working knowledge of current Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178