UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumLabs Analytics seeks a Senior Data Quality Analyst with deep focus on data quality and data process (this role is not an application tester, pure ETL or BI developer) to lead the development and operation of a scalable data quality program for business-critical enterprise data assets. Reporting to the Director, Data Strategy, you will own end-to-end data quality for the delivery and evolution of data products produced from our operational data stores. We are seeking a candidate with strong, hands-on data quality and data management background who understands data, data quality, stewardship, data ingestion and proper use/consumption.
In this role you will operate and evolve data quality processes to evaluate and analyze the data quality of production deliverables and also to assess patterns, identify root causes, define data quality rules, champion automated measurement and partner with stakeholders to identify data improvement opportunities which enable data products to be delivered in an efficient, timely and high-quality fashion. You will partner with our business teams, privacy & compliance, engineering teams, analytics and other end-users of our data products. You will have accountability for the efficient and timely delivery of high-quality data products, and for driving data quality and data governance improvements through processes, tools and automation. You will be a data quality and analytics SME more so than a technologist, and you will mentor engineering teams in the principles of data quality and data stewardship.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work hands-on with engineering partners to review weekly and monthly data products and ensure they are delivered in a high-quality and timely manner
- Analyze data quality results
- Measure and audit large volumes of data for quality issues and improvements
- Perform root cause analysis of data anomalies
- Triage data quality issues and creating remediation plans
- Be involved with upstream data providers and downstream data users to understand quality requirements, identify and cure data quality gaps and drive a high level of customer service and overall level of customer satisfaction
- Partner with the Director, Data Strategy and our engineering and delivery leaders to understand existing platforms, tools, and processes and execute a plan for systematic improvements to drive increased data quality and engineering efficiency
- Under the direction of the Director, Data strategy, work with the technical product owner to develop roadmaps, prioritize backlogs, lead proof of concept, to improve data quality processes, create efficiencies and deliver high-quality data products
- Be a data and data quality SME across our enterprise data product portfolio and drive adoption of best practice data quality, data governance and data management techniques across that portfolio
- Evaluate and quantify business impact of data quality issues, making recommendations for data improvements including required process and system changes, communicate value realized through data improvement efforts
- Mentor and influence lead engineers, data delivery teams, and analysts, who are part of our extended team
- You must love healthcare data and data quality and be able to mentor / teach and communicate the value and rationale of different data needs, enrichments, and data use cases
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years’ experience conducting data quality, root cause analyses and managing the data quality (by finding and resolving data issues, NOT application testing, ETL or BI development) for data assets, warehouses or data/analytic products with client delivery accountability
- 3+ years deep healthcare data knowledge and understanding
- 2+ years hands-on experience conducting hands-on data quality analysis and root cause investigations for reoccurring data product deliveries
- 1+ year experience writing SQL or similar to conduct data quality analysis
- 1+ year experience with analytical and reporting tools (SQL, SAS/Python/R, Tableau)
- 1+ years’ experience working in highly matrixed organizations and/or consultative/advisory role; natural collaborator
- Experience creating order thru implementing the defined roadmaps and creating a path forward despite ambiguity and complexities
- Experience with downstream use of data and analytics in a healthcare business or clinical setting
- Experience across multiple data asset types (e.g. administrative claims, hospital billing / discharge, EMR, inventory / supplies for healthcare)
- Experience operating and evolving data quality tools, processes and practices, and acting in a consultative capacity to drive effective use/adoption of those capabilities
- Experience interfacing with software and / or platform development teams
- Telecommute is available for this role, but must be available for international meetings
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Big data and public cloud experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data quality, data engineer, data quality engineer, data governance, data roadmap, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote