Optum Care is a nationwide health care delivery organization that is reinventing health care, unlike anyone else in the market place, to help keep everyone healthier and feeling their best. In all we do, we are committed to the quadruple aim - improving patient satisfaction, lowering costs, delivering quality outcomes and increasing provider satisfaction.
As Chief Information Officer for OptumCare East Markets, you will be responsible for serving as an integral member of the executive team and have overall technology responsibilities. You will serve as local leadership to onsite teammates and partner with regional leadership to drive decision-making. You will ensure optimum utilization of current systems and capabilities and leverage technology to maximize efficiencies and profitability. Expected to formulate, develop and execute technology strategies and support the integration of business development plans to enhance and grow operational presence. Participate as a member of the broader Optum Technology team and help drive technology growth and efficiency.
Core responsibilities will include the following:
- Leverage, utilize and incorporate best practices to ensure smooth operations and search for opportunities to improve capabilities as well as reduce costs
- (In partnership with the OptumCare enterprise, regional and local leadership teams) develop, communicate, and implement long-range strategic plans to guide technology decisions, including, but not limited to hardware, software, staffing, services and support
- Establish and maintain strong business knowledge of the markets within the region
- Understand business strategies and ensure business/technology strategies/plans are in alignment
- Utilize information assets and manage divergent technologies effectively to produce innovative and cost-effective enterprise-wide technology solutions
- Ensure a nimble, flexible, responsive and customer-oriented technology model is in place across the region to ensure effective and efficient delivery of information services, support and technologies to both internal and external customers
- Perform ongoing evaluation to determine whether information systems meet the needs of the business, support its strategies, and are consistent with future direction
- Identify and assess new technologies to determine potential value; and promote technology strategies that enhance the organization's performance and competitive advantage
- Ensure timely and effective communication relative to strategic projects; participates on and/or chairs appropriate committees and teams to ensure effective technology adoption and implementation
- Develop and implement reporting for evaluating successful execution of IT programs, projects and operations
- Develop and implement action plans for including forecasting capital and operating system requirements and establishing policies and procedures to meet regional objectives
- Establish and/or maintain effective IT vendor relationships; review, negotiate and approve major contracts for information technology services and equipment
- Leverage technical and analytical resources within each entity to assist in their planning for technology and information systems, ensuring key stakeholder input and involvement
- Ensure through policies, procedures, direct involvement and/or oversight that all information / data reported to external entities and agencies maintain a high level of integrity and consistency
- Ensure that all systems and processes for information exchange meet HIPAA and other regulatory requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- 15 + years of direct experience leading technology organizations
- 5 + years of experience supporting information systems in a healthcare organization
- Direct experience in an Independent Practice Association (IPA) or ambulatory environment that supports a large number of users in multiple sites
- Deep knowledge on EMR and practice management systems in the healthcare setting
- Track record of success integrating diverse organizations and leading performance improvement efforts
- Demonstrated leadership skills in strategic planning and business and market development and operations
- Proven ability to oversee large projects/programs that require problem identification, data synthesis, creation of recommendations and implementation skills
- History of success building, managing, developing and retaining high functioning technology teams
- Understanding of innovative, cutting-edge technology and how to use it to improve business processes and operational effectiveness
- Financial acumen and superior analytical abilities
- Sense of urgency to achieve mutually-agreed upon objectives, despite obstacles, time pressures and changing business conditions
- Previous success fostering a customer focused culture
- Track record of developing trusting relationships with physicians, executives and staff in a true team environment
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.