To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Banquet Sous Chef
DoubleTree by Hilton • Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted 23 days ago
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex is a chic downtown hotel attached to the US Cellular Center is 2 blocks from Cedar River.
Now seeking highly motivated people with a heart for service and attention to detail to join our Culinary team!
Starting pay is $15.50 per hour, with Paid Time Off (PTO) and Team Member and Family Travel Program Benefits!
APPLY RIGHT NOW! (It only takes a couple of minutes, use your phone).
What will I be doing?
As Sous Chef, you would be responsible for assisting with the direction and oversight of all culinary operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, a Sous Chef would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Create and implement menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- The starting pay is $15.50 per hour
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!