Unitek Technical Services provides supplier management, development, and related technical services to corporations around the world.
- Utilize quality science techniques to effect continuous performance improvement at assigned suppliers;
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports on quality discrepancies related to process, assembly, manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or electro-mechanical systems;
- Ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established company and regulatory standards;
- Use surveillance and auditing techniques to identify opportunities for process and product improvement; Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier, and procurement (as appropriate) to ensure requirements / expectations are satisfied;
- Facilitate development of supplier recovery plans;
- Monitor and evaluate supplier process for compliance to purchase order and engineering requirements;
- Collaborate with supplier to investigate root cause and corrective actions when process or product deficiencies are detected; Identify, plan, and facilitate cross-functional improvement activities;
- Deploy variation management tools and techniques at select suppliers to mitigate risk;
- Have performed Quality System Audits, AS9102 First Article Reviews; computer proficiency and proficiency with MS Office products.
- Travel is required and may extend beyond the local area.
- Initial supplier assignments may change to meet customer requirements.
- Work hours are not fixed or guaranteed and may extend beyond 40 hours per week to meet customer requirements. Stated hours are an estimate and do not constitute a guarantee of hours. Some assignments may be "on call".
- Aerospace supplier experience is preferred and may be used as the primary selection criteria among equally qualified candidates.
- Candidate should have a personal laptop
- Applicant must be a US Citizen, we are unable to sponsor at this time
- W2 contract position to work on as needed basis
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 10410106
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unitek Technical Services has a long tradition of providing superior service solutions. For more than 40 years, we’ve been a leader in the supply chain services industry, providing quality engineering, auditing and inspection services for clients in the Aerospace, Automotive, Aviation, Defense and Energy (wind and power) sectors, to name but a few.
View the full profile
Unitek boasts a strong foundation — we’re backed by parent company NTS (National Technical Systems), a leading provider of Engineering and Testing services, and sister company NQA (National Quality Assurance), one of the largest and most respected ISO registrars in the world.