We are currently recruiting for the position of:
The Maintenance Helper is a position to support the distribution team specifically in the field of maintenance. This role is to perform a variety of duties to the upkeep of the building and material handling equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Location: Roseville, CA
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Ability to reach, lift and work on objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Ability to push and pull heavy equipment.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance to work both at ground level and high places.
- Ability to stand, walk and work in close quarters, prone and awkward positions for lengthy periods occasionally; drive powered industrial trucks; operate overhead crane and work on ladders.
- Mental alertness and good vision are necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Exposure to hazards exist with respect to equipment, work areas, tools, welding equipment, presses and other power equipment.
- Exposure to water, cleaning solvents when performing maintenance. Working conditions consist of temperature controlled environments and exposure to outside elements on a daily basis.
- Ability to apply required use and safety knowledge.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by associates assigned to this job function.
- The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each facility subject to local application.
Education: High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) or additional job experience
Experience: Six months related experience.
Other: Must be available to work a variety of shifts, to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Physical: This position requires frequent physical movement, to include standing, sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, kneeling, reaching, handling and rotation. Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling may be required of objects and/or equipment. Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs; occasionally required to lift greater than 75 lbs.
- Customer Focus
- Quality/Quantity of Work
- Personal/Interpersonal Skills
The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and Food Maxx. We also have 4 distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of The Save Mart Companies stores. We are a locally and family owned business, headquartered in the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas of our nation - the San Joaquin Valley.
Some of our competitive benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning – Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).