To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
HR Benefit Specialist
Nesco Resource • Houston, TX
Posted 2 months ago
TITLE: HR/Benefits Specialist
LOCATION: Houston, TX
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Manager – Human Resources
FUNCTION: This person will act as a shared resource for the entire Human Resources team, but will primarily work with the Manager - HR, focusing on the seamless and accurate provision of core HR support including, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Develop/administer benefit procedures. Maintain all employee benefit records through on-line input and/or employee benefit folders.
- Work closely with HR Manager & Director toward annual renewals while maintaining cost savings
- Evaluate and recommend all types of wellness initiatives and/or health benefit options such as on-site gyms, smoking cessation or weight loss programs, etc.
- Maintain knowledge base to ensure department and company stay up to date on regulations from both a Federal and State standpoint.
- Assist employees in filing FMLA, STD or LTD claims.
- Assist employees in resolving outstanding insurance issues.
- Assist with new-hire orientations.
- Audit and process all monthly benefit billings. Coordinate reports for purposes of annual audits.
- Perform benefit audits once per quarter to ensure accuracy of all information.
- Act as backup to Payroll Clerk for both payrolls as well as bonus and commission runs.
- Coordinate state reporting requirements with out-sourced payroll company.
- Daily maintenance of benefits. (Medical, dental, life insurance etc.)
- Provide back up phone answering assistance to the receptionist as needed.
- Ensure that all HR files are maintained in accordance with company policy as well as all applicable Federal and State statutory requirements.
- Other project or tasks as requested.
REQUIREMENTS: Experience in the following elements required:
- Excellent communication skills to be able to converse with dealers, vendors, and employees via phone and email.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language well is required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in the Human Resources or payroll field(s).
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word Programs, (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced office environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Experience in the following elements is desired:
- Some formal coursework in Human Resources or relevant field is desired, SHRM or similar certification a plus.
- Experience with Preview payroll system.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State employment statues and regulations.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.