Requisition Type: Regular
The Splunk/SIEM systems engineer will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to the installation, configuration, testing, deployment and ongoing O&M life-cycle support of Splunk enterprise solution. Activities may include OS level system administrator tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install, configure, test and maintain assigned applications, software and system management tools
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and develop/implement fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain installation, configuration, operation, and other support documentation over and above vendor provided documentation that details system, application, security, and operational procedures specific to the operating environment.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide Tier 2 and 3 level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel to address application performance issues, user interaction, and support production operational activities and problem resolution
- TS/SCI clearance with a Poly is required.
Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position.
Experience with Information Systems, Databases, programming or systems engineering is ideal.
Experience in ticket management system like JIRA, ServiceNow or Remedy is a plus. Linux/Unix experience is not required, but is a plus. Background in networking and security is a plus.
Experience with Splunk, Databases, Systems Management and Systems Engineering is ideal
DoD 8570 Certification Required for this Opening (Security+ and experience in an OS/Platform). This certification is required to support operational tasks. Candidates must obtain this certification within 3 months of starting.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS, 2+ years experience
Working experience/understanding in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux and/or Windows based environments.
Understanding virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
Understanding of monitoring systems
Understanding of automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
Scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
Understanding of general enterprise networking concepts (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Web page development
Instructional System Design/Training Delivery
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Perl (Programming Language)