If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Associate Director of Product, Market Operations.
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Associate Director of Product, Market Operations
About the team and position
We’re looking for an Associate Director of Product that will be responsible for leading the technology vision and strategy of our Market Operations and Supply Chain Enablement product tracks. This individual will be passionate about building operational software to support our customer advocates to deliver a world-class customer experience in driveways and vending machines across the country.
The Associate Director of Product will be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and leading a team of Product Managers and partnering with internal stakeholders, both operational and executive, to create solutions that continue to revolutionize the new way to buy and sell cars.
Ideally, you are a data-driven visionary that is willing to get your hands dirty to learn the ins and outs of Carvana’s delivery operations and inventory management methods. You’re highly autonomous and capable of taking high-level business problems, developing a viable strategy to tackle specific problems, and quickly developing solutions. Our world exists in the physical and the digital space, so you will have to get excited about doing ride-alongs for one of our local market deliveries, while at the same time obsessing over the digital capture of documents, and complex scheduling problems.
We iterate quickly and, having already amassed large and accelerating sales numbers, you will see your work have an immediate, growing impact on our people, and our bottom line every day.
What you’ll be doing
You will analyze data, work closely with design and engineering to scope releases, write detailed requirements, and prioritize features and bugs. You’re also expected to be the leader of a growing team, ultimately responsible for the success of projects, the success of the individuals on your team, and the long-term trajectory of your KPIs.
- Participate end-to-end in the product life cycle, especially market research, customer development, and requirements gathering/consolidation
- Be actively involved in interpreting analytics and customer data
- Collaborate with Carvana's Engineering, Creative, Marketing and Customer Advocate teams
- Work onsite in our Phoenix or Atlanta office (or be willing to commute here 3+ days a week)
What you should have
- Undergraduate degree in STEM, Economics/Finance, or HCI/UX or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in software product management.
- Experience supporting or developing mobile products and a passion for concise and pointed UX
- An obsession with and empathy for customers, internal and external
- Practiced skills and knowledge of facilitation, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Great communication and collaboration skills at all levels in the organization
- Deep product experience at one or more highly successful (and ideally hypergrowth) companies
- Expertise in a metrics and data-driven environment with skills in data tools such as SQL.
- Stellar documentation skills including familiarity with Google Sheets/Microsoft suite.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done, no matter what it is, for the sake of the team and our customers.
- Opinions - you should be familiar with a lot of products in consumer web/mobile and have some degree of taste around what you do and don’t like.
- A strong sense of reward from mentoring and leading
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and find the answers to your own questions.
- A positive vibe and sense of humor!
- A passion for iterative development and active learning.
- Exceptional ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead complex development efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
It would be great if you also had
- Definitive design sensibility (your wireframes don’t make people laugh or cry).
- Knowledge of data science best practices.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Familiarity with Tableau (for designing, but not necessarily creating, new reports).
- Automotive or adjacent (e.g. Insurance) industry experience.
- Experience instrumenting and analyzing user behavior in mobile and web platforms.
What does our growth have to do with you?
Only everything. Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? You should still give it a shot! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Associate Director of Product, Market Operations that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other systematically marginalized groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Carvana, we're builders. We build tools, business, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thought, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Agile Methodology
- Automotive Industry
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Consolidation (Financial)