To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dayville, CT 06241
- Northeast Foods Inc
- Phone: 410-558-3050
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CDL Class A Driver
Northeast Foods Inc • Dayville, CT
Posted 1 month ago
The ideal position for a driver who enjoys returning home every day. Automatic Rolls of New England drivers are Teamster #493 union members.
Automatic Rolls of New England seeks a Class A CDL tractor-trailer driver for regional (New England) route deliveries. The successful candidate will have a passion for safety and customer service.
Automatic Rolls of New England offers a competitive wage based upon experience as well as safe driving bonuses. A sign on bonus of $1,000.00 after six (6) months of employment. We also have an excellent benefit package including 401(k), Medical/Dental Insurance plus more.
This is an exciting opportunity to exceed customer expectations through a continuous improvement process; and leverage our employee and supplier resources. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for delivering 100% Customer Satisfaction through consistent, predictable, high quality products.
* Efficiently transport, unload and distribute product to customer locations
* Professional interface with customers; build and maintain relationships
* Work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day, including any of the shifts (day, evening, night and weekend)
* Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
* Maintain a current CDL Class A
* Operate and maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required
* Prompt, daily attendance
* Other related duties as assigned by Transportation Manager or Plant Manager
* Possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial driver's license
* Minimum one year of Class A driving experience required
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day, including any of the shifts (day, evening, night and weekend)
* High school diploma or equivalent or a combination of experience & technical training
* Must be 21 years of age or older
* Safe driving record and history
* Must pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals
* Must pass company paid DOT physical
* Must pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test
* Must be able to satisfy all DOT QA file requirements and paperwork
* Able to read and comprehend delivery schedule
* Able to count and perform basic math
* Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
* Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job
* Able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage
LICENSE - Valid CDL Class A License as required by state, industry, city, county. Must possess/maintain a valid license during employment.
MOBILITY - Physically capable of moving to all areas of the customer locations. Unload & load product on trailers; lift product and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs occasionally); safely operate a tractor trailer (move, position); safely climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; operate a tractor/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting products; and safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
OTHER - Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc. Must have ability to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
Automatic Rolls of New England is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Persons with disabilities who need to request reasonable accommodations during the application process may send an email or call Tisha Payne at (410) 558-3050 ext. 3517. No other phone calls will be accepted.