To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mobile, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Principal Software Engineer
Red Lion Controls, Inc. • Mobile, AL
Posted 3 days ago
Red Lion Controls has exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer in its Mobile, AL facility. Joining a group of talented, friendly and engaging engineers. The Principal Software Engineer will be part of a software leadership team responsible for engineering activity including design, development, unit testing, maintenance, and internal documentation of embedded networking products
Essential Job Functions
- Works in collaboration with the engineering team, product management and marketing to understand the needs of the customer and develops workable engineering solutions to enable user-friendly product design.
- In conjunction with the Software Engineering Manager, establish clear engineering project milestones and deadlines and drive to meet those objectives.
- Participate in cross-engineering project teams with hardware engineers to ensure projects delivered on time and meet expectations of customers.
- Participate in development and implementation of stage-gating process for software and product development
- Develops, tests, and documents software systems to specification.
- Complies with internal and external standards.
- Performs peer reviews of team members’ designs, code, and documentation.
- Carries out other duties as assigned as business needs require.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or electronics related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10-12+ years of professional experience developing complex software systems on multiple platforms. Software development experience in C++ is required.
- Experience in programming applications for real-time embedded systems. Linux experience with OS kernel, driver development and applications is required.
- Knowledge of automated test techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and electronics, and awareness of the constraints of embedded systems.
- Ability to develop highly reliable and robust software
- Experience developing test applications and automated test frameworks.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with software engineering tools for design documentation, revision control, issue tracking, and project scheduling. Experience with Git and Jira preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and carry out project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with all levels of Company management and staff, customers and outside business contacts.
- Must have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency with English language both written and verbal communication.
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work as a team member to creatively and cooperatively solve problems and complete tasks.
- Experience with software engineering tools for design documentation, revision control, issue tracking, and project scheduling. Experience with agile project management tools and maintaining source code repositories preferred.
- Flexibility in work schedule – occasional overtime and weekend work may be required to meet established deadlines.
- Experience developing network products (layer 2 or layer 3 products)
- Experience with multiple RTOSs.
- Experience with Linux DSA Architecture
- Experience with SDN and intent based networking.Endorse, support and model the Company’s core values of:
Red Lion Controls is committed to recruiting and selecting candidates based on their qualifications. We are a proud EEO employer and will hire, train and promote individuals regardless of age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable laws.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.