Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This position oversees production lines and operations in the bakery under the supervision of the Production Manager and Plant Manager to ensure quality of product and delivery to distribution. Responsible for direct supervision of production associates. Works closely with all other departments in the bakery including maintenance, sanitation, and shipping.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates supports of General Bakery Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ensures adherence to all quality requirements including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), etc.
- Provides leadership, training and coaching with associates to create culture of inclusion and engagement.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Responsible for start-up including calculating orders, checking dough sheet, equipment condition and temperature settings.
- Monitors product quality; making formula changes as directed and tracks changes.
- Completes staff scheduling to ensure production lines are adequately staffed and coordinates with other departments to minimize downtime.
- Executes and maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, and order completion.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.
- Ensures compliance with AIB standards, Company policies and government regulations.
- Conducts incident investigations, responsible for reporting processes and ensuring any identified preventative actions are completed.
- Participates in, and drives LEAN manufacturing culture.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Results Achiever
- Change Agent
- People Oriented Leadership
- Learning and Adapting Best Practices
- Lives By and Promotes Values
Education and Work History:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some College is preferred.
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience in production, preferably in the food processing industry or fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to handle difficult conversations.
- Proficiency-level computer skills including MS Office applications. KRONOS knowledge is a plus.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
Good Manufacturing Practices