A Warehouse Material Handler for Capital Electric is responsible for getting customer orders ready for pick-up, unloading and loading of transfer trucks, properly checking in material, and keeping the warehouse stocked in an orderly fashion to help the branch maintain being the electrical distributor of choice in their area.
• Pulling stock and organizing customer orders
• Pulling and cutting wire
• Unloading and loading of CLS transfer trucks with or without forklift
• Checking, recording, and putting up stock/material
• Preparing cross dock deliveries
• Will call
• Keep warehouse organized and clean
• Help other associates when needed
• Follow verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision
• Be on time and work diligently with co-workers or alone
• Multi-task and continually prioritize tasks to be completed throughout the day
• Other duties as required
• Good and dependable mathematic, verbal, and written communication skills
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on regular basis; up to 70 lbs. occasionally
• Reliable, responsible, and a great work ethic
We offer excellent training, career advancement opportunities, and a competitive compensation package to include vacation time, personal time, full health benefits, 401(k) and more. Capital Electric is an EEO Employer.
CapitalTristate, Eck Supply, and select Vallen locations have merged to become Capital Electric.
Capital Electric is The Electrical Distributor of Choice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a proud member of the Sonepar family. Capital Electric delivers excellence in service, products from the finest lighting and electrical manufacturers, extensive application expertise, and customized, comprehensive solutions to our customers. Altogether, we serve customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia from over 70 locations and from our central distribution center and company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Capital Electric is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions.