To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chico, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Consumer Credit Underwriter
Tri Counties Bank • Chico, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Position Title: Consumer Credit Underwriter
Department: Consumer Credit Center
Grade: 13, 14, 15
Position Summary: The Consumer Credit Underwriter underwrites and processes consumer loan requests based on credit, financial, and collateral information. The underwriter ensures proper compliance regulations are followed and met for each individual file and approves loans within the consumer underwriting guidelines and their appropriate credit limit authority. Works directly with Consumer Lending Specialist Group as well as coaches branch managers and bankers to maximize current loan requests, as well as provides exceptional customer service.
- Understands and applies all consumer underwriting guidelines and compliance regulations.
- Reviews consumer loan applications for proper compliance documentation (joint intent to apply, HELOC Disclosure Acknowledgment, HMDA) prior to underwriting an application.
- Underwrites applications within consumer underwriting guidelines and requests and reviews any additional information needed to complete loan process. Approves or declines consumer loan requests within credit limit authority.
- Requests required income documentation and analyzes complex financial documentation according to consumer procedures set forth to determine ability to repay.
- Prepares and mails all risk based pricing disclosures as well as HUD Disclosures as needed.
- Clearly understand current consumer flood zone guidelines and regulations and ensures applications follow the guidelines set forth.
- Reviews and Analyzes incoming collateral reports (i.e. title reports, appraisal reports), ensures ECOA compliance regulations are met for all applications in 1st deed of trust position.
- Maintains an accurate daily production report and comprehends consumer internal audit reports. Meets consumer production, quality and service standards.
- Provides assistance and exceptional sales support to consumer lending specialist and branch personal answering questions relating to consumer loans and process.
- Assures loan request is processed accurately and within time frame set forth my compliance regulations. Coordinates appraisers, title companies and flood certifications for equity based products.
- Maintains a current understanding of underwriting guidelines, procedures, policies and compliance issues.
- Process title and appraisal invoices to ensure timely processing.
- Provides coverage in any area needed in the absence of a team member
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Understand and underwrites applications submitted by HELOC Retention Specialist for maturing HELOCS according to guidelines set forth.
- Knowledge of Bank appraisal policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance as it pertains to the origination and processing of consumer loans with all applicable regulatory requirements including but not limited to; SAFE Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Truth In Lending (Reg Z), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Fair Lending, OFAC compliance, Identity Theft Red Flags, privacy-GLBA and Non-public Personal Information (NPPI) regulations, Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Act or Practices (UDAAP).
Education, Experience, And Other Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Established analytical ability to underwrite all types of consumer based loan products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with efficient work demeanor that allows involvement in multiple areas.
- Ability to underwrite federal and state tax returns and financial statements in order to make sound credit decisions.
- Ability to utilize personal computers and Windows driven programs.
- Ability to complete a high volume of work with accuracy.
Grade Level Distinction:
- Grade 14 – Consumer Credit Underwriter II - Previous experience in credit underwriting. Minimum two years of experience with Tri Counties Bank underwriting or two years of experience with another financial institution in a related field. Proficient in all areas of loan analysis and underwriting. Demonstrates the ability to solve problems independently and has been assigned supervisory responsibilities.
- Grade 15 – Consumer Credit Underwriter III - Minimum of 5 years of experience in underwriting, with a minimum of 3 years in underwriting role at Tri Counties Bank. Demonstrates the ability to be assigned supervisory responsibilities.
Established in 1975, Tri Counties Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TriCo Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBK) headquartered in Chico, California, providing a unique brand of customer Service with Solutions available in traditional stand-alone and in-store bank branches in communities throughout Northern and Central California.
The Bank provides an extensive and competitive breadth of consumer, small business and commercial banking financial services, along with convenient around-the-clock ATM, online and mobile banking access.
Tri Counties Bank has remained strong and profitable through a top-down commitment to its core values, sound business principles and responsible lending practices.
Our success is also based on our involvement in the communities we serve. The personal touch comes naturally to Tri Counties Bankers. You may recognize us at business, school and non-profit events, baseball games and local eateries, skiing in the mountains, boating on the lakes, and fishing the local streams or attending an event in The City or on the peninsula.