A large Ready-Mix operations is looking to add along a new Operations Manager to oversee West, TX
As an Operations Manager, you must be a team player that builds up the employees underneath you. You should have a good worth ethic and a desire to create a more efficient work environment around you, all while being very organized and intentional with your day-to-day activities.
- 10+ years of experience in Plant/Operations management is required
- 7+ years with a Ready-mix manufacturing plant.
- Manage up to 150 employees and 5-7 plants
- Lift , carry, and push/pull 50lbs of weight
- Complete P & L responsibility for all manufacturing, distribution, planning, production, maintenance, tooling, safety and quality assurance
- Recommend capital improvements to plant which result directly in improved safety conditions, improved quality of finished product, resulting in value added, improved efficiency, or reduction of plant variable or fixed operations costs
- Resolve operational, manufacturing, and delivery problems
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observes to ensure compliance with standards
- Looking for a true leader, someone to motivate and give direction to the employees at the plant
Essential duties and responsibilities for this maintenance manager include the following:
- Oversee all plant operations and personnel within the assigned region, providing direct supervision to the Concrete Plant Managers.
- Hire, train, develop and motivate employees toward accomplishing company goals and objectives; perform performance appraisals as required; and keep personnel records accurate and current.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff as needed and respond to all their complaints, concerns and suggestions in a timely manner. Coach staff and implement effective problem solving and other improvement techniques using both internal and external resources as needed.
- Monitor employee training and development and ensure that all training is provided in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Track all production and delivery costs for the plants within the assigned region.
- Develop, implement, and monitor strategies for assigned region in support of corporate goals and coordinate operations personnel to ensure the best overall use and productivity.
- Assist Sales and Dispatch in servicing customers by addressing specific problems, providing advice and assistance to customers as needed, and responding to complaints and concerns in a timely manner.
- Coordinate operations service in support of meeting customer demands.
- Ensure that all vehicles and equipment in assigned region continually remain in safe and efficient operating conditions, as well as kept in a clean, presentable condition.
- Assist in the preparation of operation budgets and forecasts and maintain effective cost control over all costs within the assigned region.
- Support and enforce all company safety programs. Cooperate with the company Safety Manager and continually ensure that all company operations and activities are performed in a consistently safe manner.
- Cooperate with the Human Resources Department in the implementation of all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with DOT, FMCSR, and all local, state and federal environmental regulations.
- Assist in the alignment of performance measures to company goals and objectives and in the development of strategies to achieve company goals and objectives, including recommendations for process improvements.
- Educate oneself continually and remain current on industry and training issues by benchmarking regularly with other companies and communicating regularly with the Training Department and other members of the industry involved with process improvement and training.
- Strengthen and maintain a high morale and team concept throughout the company through implementation and utilization of sound leadership and management principles, in addition to promoting and employing total quality principles to achieve a more efficient and quality workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work time will be split between indoors/office and outdoors/field.
- Exposure to dust and fumes/offensive smells in the field.
- Exposure to chemicals such as concrete, chemical admixtures, truck cleaner, grease and oil.
- Close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level will be moderate.
Please contact me today for more information about the position! Madison.firstname.lastname@example.org or
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Operations Management
- Distribution (Business)
- Business Process Improvement
- Training And Development