Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate and team-oriented people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate and team-oriented people you'll ever meet you'll ever meet. As a Big Data Software Engineer, you will be a key participant in helping our Data Infrastructure team shape the future of Roblox. You will have primary responsibility in building the massive horizontally scalable streaming and ingestion services that feed not only our Data Lake, Data Warehouse but also business critical applications. If you know what it takes to develop large-scale infrastructure to Analyze user behavior from 200 million monthly users , you'll fit right into our accomplished and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Passionate about development: We are Java, Go developers and are looking for applicants who have demonstrable expertise in using these languages at scale.
- 8+ years of experience with different real-time data streaming technologies tools such as Kafka, Spark, Beam, Samza or Flink.
- Own design, implementation, testing, and support of next-generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, usability, security, and performance of Roblox Core Data Pipeline.
- Work Individually and collaboratively with other engineers.
- Work with our software stack such as: Kafka ,Spark or Flink- the engines upon which we are building our next generation streaming pipelines for Roblox scale.
- Be a part of a collaborative team: The Data Infrastructure Team and the Analytics Team are combined at Roblox to ensure that data processing and analytics are driven primarily by the user needs--ie,query patterns and product requirements.
- Design Structures: For compact encoding of data for in-memory storage to enable in-stream computation-message fidelity from source to target: preserving message ordering guarantees across all nodes in the cluster.
- Work with our stakeholders to push innovation across Roblox
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Spark
- Core Data
- Data Analysis
- Data Processing
- Data Streaming