To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
- City of Atlanta
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Manager Senior
City of Atlanta • Atlanta, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Position expires: 5/30/19
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the General Accounting Director, the Senior Accounting Manager plans, organizes, oversees, coordinates, and reviews the work of staff performing difficult and complex professional, technical accounting transactions, along with activities related to the processing and development of accounting and financial reports, payroll distribution costs, payroll liability costs, reconciling payroll cash accounts, payroll clearing accounts, and payroll liability accounts; performs professional accounting work to ensure compliance with governmental accounting standards; participates in the development and implementation of various financial policies and procedures; oversees and monitors payroll deduction and benefits codes setup to properly account for these cost on City's general ledger; ensures proper internal controls, work practices, work quality, and accuracy of accounting transactions; coordinates accounting activities with other areas and departments; provides responsive support and performs related duties as required.
The Senior Accounting Manager will:
(These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.)
- Have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, fund and grant accounting, internal controls and GASB pronouncements and implementations
- Have the experience and a working knowledge of Human Resources/Payroll procedures and processing, distribution of labor costs, Oracle labor distribution schedules, setting up pay codes, accounting for personnel costs related to Grants and Project accounting
- Have the knowledge and experience with Oracle ERP systems 11i and later, KBase software, and the Hyperion to establish frameworks to produce the financial statement requirements to be reported in the City's Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Have the knowledge and experience of working with the trial balance on both a modified accrual and full accrual basis
- Have the knowledge and experience required to prepare and complete financial reports, financial analysis of various payroll and balance sheet accounts
- Have the knowledge and experience in calculating and posting personnel distribution expenses to the general ledger and to the projects and grants module
- Have the knowledge and experience in reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling payroll liability accounts, payroll cash accounts, payroll clearing accounts, and IRS form 941 for employer's quarterly federal tax returns
- Have knowledge of the state of Georgia's escheatment process for accounts payable and payroll payments
- Have knowledge of small business credit cards and reconciliation of expense reports for executive level staff
- Have working knowledge of Trust accounts, Trust Agreements, and funds held in Trust
- Have a basic knowledge of forecasting, developing budgets and how the budgeting process works
- Direct and review the analysis of management information; formulates recommendations based on findings; manages priorities, work processes, and procedures;
- Manage and participate in the preparation, review, and submittal of a variety of reports, reconciliations, work papers, communications, schedules, tables, and/or statements to and from internal departments, financial institutions, governmental entities, and external agencies
- Respond to requests for information and provides subject matter expert guidance and direction to members of payroll and other departments, and/or outside agencies
- Develop, implement, and apply policies and procedures, analyzes processes, and makes recommendations for improvements
- Ensures adherence and compatibility with organizational goals, objectives, and strategic initiatives
- Perform other duties as may be required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Prior payroll manager experience required
- Minimum six years of experience in governmental accounting
- Minimum four years of experience with Oracle ERP system
- Advanced skills level with MS Excel
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with advanced Microsoft Excel skills, knowledge of large ERP applications, knowledge of Oracle 11i, R12/HCM, HRMS, Discoverer, KBase, Kronos, and Monarch.