To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Charles, LA 70605
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hancock Whitney • Lake Charles, LA
Posted 27 days ago
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.
Job Function / Summary
Responsible for the management, retention and expansion of existing business relationships, the development of new business and the servicing of a variety of commercial relationships. Grows revenue as directed by senior management by successfully prospecting for new business and retaining and expanding existing customer relationships.
- Manages a portfolio of up to 75 clients with credit outstanding up to $50MM.
- Business development activities typically focus on businesses with sales of $2MM - $25MM that operate in our defined targeted industries.
- Functions with minimal levels of individual authority and negotiates with strict adherence to established guidelines, credit pricing, terms and structure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Solicits new and prospective loan and deposit relationships for the Bank.
- Develops and executes a business development plan to achieve established goals and objectives. Implements a disciplined contact schedule to promote client satisfaction, retain existing clients, and attract long term profitable customer relationships and become the clients trusted financial partner through needs based solutions
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities for each assigned relationship. Markets to assigned clients and prospects a broad range of financial products.
- Build internal relationships with other departments such as Product Management, Treasury Management, and Credit Underwriting to enhance the overall banking relationship ensuring the customer’s business objectives are met.
- Proactively seeks knowledge and mentorship from more Senior Relationship Managers to develop a thorough understanding of bank products, services, credit standards, and bank pricing parameters, business development programs/automated systems.
- Partners with the Commercial Underwriter to assess the customer’s credit risk and structure a credit solution that fits the customer’s needs while remaining within acceptable risk guidelines.
- Identifies client needs and works with customers to offer appropriate bank products and services.
- Cultivates prospects independently through customer referrals, networking, and participation in professional organizations, social contacts and relationships built in the community.
- Develops relationships with customers through calling and customer support activities.
- Routinely monitors loan portfolio’s credit quality status to ensure loans are current and conform to terms, quickly identifies and manages risks to minimize impact.
- Analyzes customer credit status or obtains appropriate central underwriting approval and related documentation to ensure portfolio quality and yield are maintained.
- Uses automated business development system to manage individual calling program, schedule appointments, develop customer profiles or cross-sales opportunities, follow-up with customers and book new business.
- Keeps abreast of industry, competitor, financial market and other changes that may impact their portfolio or department.
- Responsible for assembling financial information and coordinating the generation of complete loan packages for approval presentation
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management
- Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, major in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum 3 -5 years of relationship management experience selling banking products
Minimum Required Knowledge
- Proficient in credit underwriting fundamentals and prior credit experience including financial analysis
- Knowledge of commercial loan products & lending / compliance regulations
The company has identified a set of core competencies that are vital to our business achieving a competitive advantage and delivering a unique value to our customers. These competencies are the skills, knowledge, and abilities each and every associate must exhibit to fulfill this competitive advantage.
- Organization and Planning: Detail- and results-oriented; develops realistic action plans
- Commitment to Excellence: Sets and achieves challenging goals; measures self against a standard of excellence
- Resilience and Balance: Maintains a stable performance and can be effective under pressure
- Interpersonal Versatility: Treats all people with respect and honor along with sensitivity to cultural differences
- Influence: Approaches work and fellow associates in a manner that portrays leadership, respect, trust, courtesy, empathy, and integrity
Position Specific Competencies
- Cognitive Competencies: Verbal & Written Comprehension, Analytical, Judgment & Decision Quality and Reasoning, Business Skills Application, Strategic Thinking
- Motivation Competencies: Resourcefulness, Self-Evaluation & Development, Competitiveness & Ambition, Tenacity
- Interpersonal Competencies: Communication Skills (Oral, Written & Listening), Customer Focus, Collaborative
- Sales Competencies: Knowledge, Preparation, Contacting, Implementation, Sales Drive
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 30 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
This job description is only valid as of the date it was revised. Please contact the HR Compensation Department to obtain the latest version. Information contained herein should be treated as confidential to Hancock Holding Company.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY TIME
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.