To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UPS • San Diego, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store® has over 4,800 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401(k) with company match, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, discounted stock purchase plans and more.
The Customer Retail Specialist analyzes customer solutions and actively participates in the implementation of core solutions while meeting the needs of the customer and the company. He/She assists with implementation model development, deployment plan definition, and implementation phase scheduling. This position helps drive the approach of the implementation project plan.
The Customer Retail Specialist assists with contract development. He/She delivers training and prepares documentation. This position assists with projects and reporting. He/She assists with deployment plan definition.
- Identifies single products and services to assist with plan definition implementation.
- Assists in developing role and responsibility definitions to define the scope of work.
- Assists with post-project user audits to gather feedback for continuous improvements.
- Distributes project status budget and timeline reports to identify implementation improvements and future model updates.
- Assists in building the analysis template to gather implementation statistics and feedback.
- Recommends updates to implementation models to finalize for future implementations.
- Validates pricing and service strategies to ensure accuracy.
- Validates project scope documents and solution model to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Documents and reports account activity (e.g., customer visits and phone calls, training, etc.) to ensure account team members are informed of the customers’ activity.
- Negotiation: Demonstrates an understanding of negotiation techniques; identifies stakeholders/participants that should be involved in negotiations; demonstrates an understanding of each party’s objectives.
- Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager.
- Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
- Projects, Programs or Processes Design and Development: Lists basic design specifications linked to business requirements; describes the importance of quality design and development procedures; outlines design and development.
- Solves Customer Problems: Recognizes when customers are having issues; identifies resolution to basic customer issues and recommends solutions.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a basic understanding of supply chain concepts; identifies issues within a supply chain.
- Technical Writing: Demonstrates a general understanding and use of grammatical rules; expresses ideas clearly and concisely; explains the relationship of effective writing to business objectives.
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Analysis: Identifies routine work methods/processes/flows to analyze; describes in general terms, process capability studies; describes the basic steps in analysis of data related to people, technology, or information.
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Business, Engineering, or related field – Preferred
- Project Management Experience – Preferred
- Project Management Professional certification – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law