To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maxim Healthcare Services • San Diego, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Local Linda Vista Children’s Hosptial
- 13 Week Contract
- 1 year of PEDS experience
- Demonstrates and practices aseptic techniques.
- Adheres to standards and appropriate aseptic techniques, including:
- preoperative hand scrub
- gowning and gloving
- instrumentation and supply set up
- Sets up room for surgical procedures and identifies instrumentation and supplies
- Sets up room quickly and correctly, with minimal supervision
- Pulls correct instruments and supplies
- When scrubbed, sets up back table and Mayo stand according to facility's procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to concentrate and quickly respond appropriately to directions given by circulating RN or physician(s).
- A circulating nurse, assists the scrubbed team with additional staff, supplies, procedures, and other services.
- Participates in all instrument, sponge counts, and other counts as designated by the facility's policiesand procedures; to maintain a safe patient care environment.
- Maintains and updates surgeon's procedure preference cards as changes occur.
- Maintains supplies in assigned operating room.
- Fosters a cooperative effort in meeting the goals of nursing and sharing the workload.
- Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward the area, peers, staff, patients, and other contacts; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of client facilities, patients, and staff.
- Seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
- Identifies own limitations and seeks guidance as required.
- Recognizes and utilizes appropriate lines of communication.
- Accurately communicates needs to co-workers and supervision.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients, and hospital-related communications/documents.
- Maintains clinical skills and expands knowledge base through participation in continuous education programs.
- Assumes responsibility for self-development.
- Seeks to obtain a level 3 proficiency in his/her area(s) of clinical expertise.
- Keeps informed of changes in practice through organizational participation and/or reading current literature.
- Uses knowledge and practice in accordance with:
- standards of patient care
- The Joint Commission, State, and local laws
- Patient's Bill of Rights
- Maxim's nursing and client facility policies and procedures
- professional standards
- Documents activities according to facility policies and procedures.
- Represents the Surgical Services as a responsible paraprofessional in appearance and demeanor.
- After accepting a Maxim Healthcare facility assignment, arrives at the facility before the schedules shift starts to sign in at the nursing office and report to the unit on time for orientation and/or report.
- Work assignments are completed during the assigned shift, unless overtime is approved by the Area or Facility Supervisor
- Dress/attire worn to the hospital is clean and professional. Wears and uses designated surgical attire appropriately.
- Serves as a role model through the support of other facility and Maxim co-workers, adheres to specific facility/unit standards.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state in which he/she practices
- Documentation and confirmation of one year of operating room clinical experience in an acute care hospital within the last three years preferred
- Current BLS card.
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Physical dexterity and perceptive acuity (e.g., visual, hearing) to satisfactorily perform all required duties
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Successful completion of the Maxim Staffing Solutions testing process.
- Successful completion of background screening and hiring process
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs