To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2201 Murray Street
Sioux City, IA 51111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Supervisor - Military Veteran
Smithfield Foods • Sioux City, IA
Posted 2 months ago
Join the growing community of 1700+ military veterans working at Smithfield Foods, working as a member of our operations leadership team.
Production supervisors at Smithfield Foods train, direct, coach and lead the production team in the day-to-day operations to meet production, safety and quality requirements. This includes the handling of materials and usage of hand tools, knives, machinery, and equipment to help deliver Good Food, Responsibly to America’s dinner table. All of this is done to ensure production guidelines are being met within established timing, quality, and cost standards.
Smithfield Salutes, our Veterans Employee Resource Group, is working to make the transition from military to civilian life a seamless one for you and your family. We encourage military veterans to apply for any job at Smithfield Foods that matches your ability to fix, execute, problem solve, create, or lead. For more information visit: www.smithfieldfoods.com/veterans.Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years related experience and/or training; required.
- Bachelor's degree; preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of military experience, required
- Knowledge of SAP, Internet, Spreadsheet, Word and Order processing, and Inventory software, preferred.
- Previous food processing experience, supervisory experience, manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures, preferred.
- Bilingual a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts associated with high-level process issues.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
- Ability motivate, train and coach employees to encourage optimum performance and engagement.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Ability to work in varying production environments (heat and cold).
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
Provides leadership and guidance to employees on the Production Floor.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.