TELECOMMUTE WITH RESTRICTIONS
Candidates must be located in the Midwest within CST or EST.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. That’s what makes this opportunity so applause worthy. We have hundreds of business verticals across our matrixed organizations that are bringing thousands of new ideas, services and products to the marketplace every year. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology to help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Project Manager, you'll be engaged in a complex business model that is highly adaptable to build solutions that meet their customer needs in a competitive and effective way.
Required Travel: Less than 25%
If you are located in the Midwest and within CST or EST time zone, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges
- Leads cross-functional business teams to coordinate and complete assigned projects.
- Utilize project management methodology to define scope, identify risk and ensure projects are completed on time.
- Lead or help develop program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders within Product, Operations and/or IT (e.g. program/project charter)
- Ensures project documentation is accurate and complete, communications on project status is timely and risks and issues are identified timely and escalated to the appropriate parties
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within scope and holds team members accountable for their tasks within the project plane timeframe
- Identify project duration and work effort required; Develop and maintain a project schedule that sequences tasks and dependencies required to meet project objectives
- Collect, analyze and maintain financial forecast information for capital projects (e.g. labor, hardware, software), using input from applicable sources
- Establish/apply quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods, with stakeholder input (e.g. key performance indicators, scope definition)
- Develop, communicate and implement program/project risk/issue management plans and strategies (e.g. IRAAD management of issues, risks, action items, assumptions and decisions) with project team and stakeholders
- Facilitate team meetings to monitor and review project milestones, recent accomplishments, and next steps while pushing accountability to resources throughout project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established project success metrics
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or Business related field
- 3+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- Experience with technology delivery methodologies such as lean, waterfall, and agile
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining project quality controls
- Experience working with project stakeholders/business leadership team and presenting project status reports on overall project health throughout project lifecycle
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Intermediate level experience with project planning software (MS Project, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Reside within EST or CST time zone
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Lean and/or project management certification
- Experience in supporting Complex Medical Conditions and/or Physical Health
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization
- Proven experience of successfully delivering projects in high pressure, deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience driving process improvements
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
- Flexible, agile and adaptable to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.