To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jonesboro, AR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Value Stream Manager
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. • Jonesboro, AR
Posted 27 days ago
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products. We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This position has the primary responsibility for the daily manufacturing results for assigned shift. This includes meeting targeted objectives in the areas of safety, quality, productivity/availability (OEE), and waste. This position is responsible for the leadership and mentoring of a High Performance Work Team(s) and their performance in order to ensure that the work meets the Company’s defined requirements and standards in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices. In addition, this position is responsible for individual team member performance including selection and training of employees, development and performance management, and adherence to Company policies in a lean, HPWT environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
This position interacts with all support departments including but not limited to Quality, Shipping & Logistics, Maintenance, and Human Resources. In addition, this position leads High Performance Work Teams as defined.
- Direct the standard work activities of the production team(s) and allocate resources in order to meet daily, weekly, and monthly production and quality targets.
- Ensure that manufacturing teams own Quality.
- Drive Safety performance and awareness, as a value into the teams and individuals. Perform Safety audits and mentor team members for compliance with Company policies and safe practices. Ensure that all associates perform their jobs in a safe manner complying with Company safety standards and safety policies. Investigate and report all accidents and near misses that occur.
- Along with team and support team members, identify and resolve machine downtime and delay, quality defects, OEE losses, raw material problems, etc.
- Mentor and direct team members in the resolution of issues, which adversely affect production, material usage and quality. Work with maintenance technicians to resolve mechanical problems contributing to machine downtime.
- Maintain Good Housekeeping Standards (cGMP). Supplement the efforts of and effectively interface/integrate with Quality Assurance Technicians.
- Assure accuracy of shift production reports and other batch documentation.
- Communicate downtime issues to maintenance, shift management and oncoming shift management.
- Calibrate with in-house and corporate scheduling to best utilize equipment, manning, and time. This is to ensure changeovers are done on time with the requested quantity.
- Coordinate and communicate line changeovers with line staff and supporting groups (e.g. compounding, warehouse, maintenance, etc.).
- Take corrective actions, including recommending and administering disciplinary actions in order to resolve individual team member performance issues which do not conform to established Standard Operating Procedures, policies, and practices.
- Ensure that all team members are trained to perform the functions to which they are assigned. Ensure that all team members know how to effectively perform all necessary product assembly, quality, safety, materials control, and production functions, including accurate preparation of daily reports.
- Establish a mutually supportive and effective interface with other production teams, their leaders, and production support services.
- Responsible for assisting in the continuous improvement process by developing and implementing written improvement plans to achieve production, quality, uptime, control and personnel management goals.
- Conduct team meetings with intent to provide feedback, communicate change, and identify action items utilized in developing continuous improvement plans.
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list or statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree within a technical discipline, Management, or Engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of cGMP’s and other FDA-related regulations.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a supervisory or leadership capacity in a lean, high speed manufacturing environment.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and lead in a high performance work team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good math skills with the ability to utilize SPC and other statistical tools.
- Willing to work overtime and varied shift assignments as required.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to organize, interpret, and present data.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Please refer to the Company’s Substance Abuse Policy which protects the safety and well-being of all associates and potential associates.