To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
National Director, Clinical Documentation Education
TeamHealth • Knoxville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for leading the development, training, and management of TeamHealth initiatives and programs for clinician documentation education for Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist Services, Post-Acute, Behavioral Health, and Anesthesia operations. Additionally, this position oversees the coordination and standardization of Clinician Documentation Educator (CDE) best practices throughout the organization and is adroit at managing via metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that Documentation Teams are knowledgeable regarding documentation standards, have strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with clinicians, are able to analyze and act upon reports related to individual clinicians and facilities, and can effectively prioritize their education activities.
- Oversees and coordinates the preparation of reports and analyses, identifies adverse trends, makes appropriate recommendations for improvement, and tracks progress.
- Works to ensure accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation and identify other opportunities for optimal documentation.
- Oversees and monitors the clinician education offered by the Documentation Teams to ensure appropriate and timely usage of face-to-face meetings, conference calls, Web Conferencing and group facility meetings.
- Communicates in a timely fashion to Service Line Leadership and Clinician Documentation Educators regarding any changes to the current documentation requirements and medical coding criteria as dictated by a governmental agency, payer and/or TeamHealth. Ensures that training materials and programs are offered to clinician and Documentation staff in response to such changes.
- Analyzes and monitors clinicians' documentation and identifies improvement opportunities as compared to industry and TeamHealth benchmarks.
- Coordinates the annual goal setting process and provides regular feedback to Service Line Leadership and their teams related to results and opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of documentation work processes, makes recommendations for increased efficiencies and effectiveness, identifies and implements operational best practices across the organization and ensures standardization across TeamHealth. Includes follow-up and tracking procedures to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Manages the roll-out of new documentation processes and facilitates training on these processes.
- Works to keep educational offerings on Zenith updated.
- Works to ensure Annual Documentation Meeting facilitates the professional development of Documentation staff and their understanding of TeamHealth initiatives.
- Works closely with Health Care Financial Services (HCFS) leadership.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends, regulations, and continuously seeks documentation improvement strategies; advises management and operations staff as needed.
- Handles other duties, meetings and projects as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in related field preferred;
- Proven applicable CPT and ICD-9 coding experience; coding certification preferred;
- Management experience required; preferably 3 - 5 years;
- Clinical expertise is required preferably in Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine or Anesthesia setting, coding expertise and/or nursing experience desired;
- Experienced in working with physicians regarding documentation education;
- Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance background preferred;
- Strong leadership skills and previous supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills and experience. Must be results-oriented;
- Strategic thinking, breakthrough thinking and creative problem solving skills, showing an ability to overcome obstacles;
- Leadership, teamwork and the ability to influence and develop others;
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and database management);
- Excellent interpersonal skills with enhanced ability to develop relationships and influence others;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with small and large group presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to support multiple persons, tasks, and deadlines;
- Ability to handle stress and conflict;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Manages Clinical Documentation Directors
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well lighted, modern office setting
- Occasional lifting/carrying (10 pounds or less)
- Moderate to high stress
- Moderate travel when needed
- Prolonged hours of work
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged work using a computer/PC
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.